Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Seasons Prices.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
So, people. A little hypothetical question for you all.
If, come next March we are still in the relegation zone, what do you think would be a fair price to pay for your Season Ticket renewal?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Depends if we get relegated at the end of the season ... 380 tops L1 and they would have to stay static if we survive

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well, the club were happy to insert a clause in previous years that IF went up to the Premier League the stated price to be paid would not apply and there would be more to pay later.

So obviously the same sort of clause should be in there guaranteeing a partial refund if we got relegated to League One. Pretty easy.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Catch 22 situation for the club if we are odds on favourites to be relegated because they know by keeping the prices the same as this season they'll instantly lose 7 or 8 thousand STH's who wont renew and reducing the cost say by £100 on each ST there will still be 5 or 6 thousand who jack it in.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Im paying £465 now for WSU west wing so if we're in lge1 I wouldn't expect to pay more than £400 but in reality I reckon it will be 450, if we stay up then I reckon it will be 475

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
I'm guessing that if the club puts them up, many won't renew in March or April and will wait to see which league we're in. If we go down there be plenty of seats available on a game by game pick and the club will lose alot of match day money if the product is poor in L1.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I reckon they will stay the same.I Simply cannot see a price drop.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
So, people. A little hypothetical question for you all.
If, come next March we are still in the relegation zone, what do you think would be a fair price to pay for your Season Ticket renewal?

If they are looking at keeping a high number of renewals, then will have to be a sizeable reduction.
PB was quick to say last season that if we made the promised land then we would have an increase, so vice versa.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If we go down, and the prices don't, then it'll be the first time in 14 years I don't renew.

£450 for league one football in the 'cheap' seats is too much money. End of.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
My tipping point isn't about prices even know it's expensive.It isn't about the shit atmosphere or stewarding either at the Amex as i can live with that. I'm not quitting my season ticket because of league 1 football either because i would watch the Albion in what ever league they ended up.
It's the refusal of sacking one of the worse managers to ever grace a Brighton dugout. It's also because of the dreadful summer recruiting by the club and i don't care what they say. They threw away points in August. That was shambolic. I'm not at all happy with Burke and therefore Bloom has to take the blame for that.
Picking and choosing my games next season and then i will review my options after a year. I want to see what changes are going to be made or how we approach the summer.

Last edited:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
If we go down there will be a well advertised PRICE FREEZE. Then, if we get promoted back to the championship, they will go up.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You actually think people will pay £680 for league 1 football?

As i said i think prices will stick. We still have FFP to adhere to. We will automatically lose about 6 million in tv revenue if we are relegated.

Purely guesswork though about prices just a hunch.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
£300 is about right in league 1 although £400 for the East and west...No way should you be paying over £450 in league 1

Never happen. That is a massive drop.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
As i said i think prices will stick. We still have FFP to adhere to. We will automatically lose about 6 million in tv revenue if we are relegated.

Purely guesswork though about prices just a hunch.

I have a feeling you may be right, sadly.

As I say above, no chance i'd renew at £465 for L1 football, and I know those around me have said the same.

I honestly believe if we had a price freeze in League 1, we'd be looking at gates of about 12/13k most weeks.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
My tipping point isn't about prices even know it's expensive.It isn't about the shit atmosphere or stewarding either at the Amex as i can live with that. I'm not quitting my season ticket because of league 1 football either because i would watch the Albion in what ever league they ended up.
It's the refusal of sacking one of the worse managers to ever grace a Brighton dugout. It's also because of the dreadful summer recruiting by the club and i don't care what they say. They threw away points in August. That was shambolic. I'm not at all happy with Burke and therefore Bloom has to take the blame for that.
Pick and choosing next season and then i will review my options after a year. I want to see what cahnges are going to be made or how we approach the summer.
Totally agree...Im dumbfounded like most on here to why he and Jones are still here,bloody shocking.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Next season's price for me will be zero I think, as giving up for a few years if the Finn takes us down and the board can't be bothered to do anything about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here