Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ref and the penalty claim

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Nouha Dicko dives and it looked as though Stockdale as last man was going to be shown a red.Thankfully the linesman convinces the ref it was a dive so Dicko gets a yellow.
It is about time that the same punishment for the foul (red card) is given to the players who dive.They cheat to get an advantage so if found to be diving they too should get a red.Poetic IMHO.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
On this basis, what about a red card also for shirt pulling, holding an opponent, a deliberate foul to stop a breakaway....all forms of cheating. If you are looking to tinker with the punishments, I would bring back the 10 yard advancement of the free kick for dissent.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
On this basis, what about a red card also for shirt pulling, holding an opponent, a deliberate foul to stop a breakaway....all forms of cheating. If you are looking to tinker with the punishments, I would bring back the 10 yard advancement of the free kick for dissent.

I used to like that one

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

That used to work but for some bizarre reason they stopped utilising it

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Must admit I haven't watched it again on TV but I didn't think it was actually a dive at the time just a collision

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here