Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darren Bent Keen To Stay

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Encouraging ( am I allowed to feel like that on NSC these days?)

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I remember wayne Bridge wanted to stay and said being at Brighton had made him fall in love with football again

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did Bent ever play against Hyypia?

At least once (I can't be bothered to look any further)

Screen Shot 2014-12-21 at 15.12.36.png

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
If we can persuade Bent to stay then that would be a huge boost.

Hopefully Tony is willing to find the money and we can fight off interest from other Clubs.

Bent would also be daft not to seek assurances that we will give him the right support in attack plus make one or two other decent signings.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Would rather know how much we're paying of his 60k a week wages before keeping him on...I doubt very much we're paying just 10k a week,probably 30k a week at a guess.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Would rather know how much we're paying of his 60k a week wages before keeping him on...I doubt very much we're paying just 10k a week,probably 30k a week at a guess.

Makes a mockery of getting rid if the high earners doesn't it, also we've tried to do things on the cheap to make a profit on Leo but have probably spanked that up the wall with all the loans so instead of spending that money and the Buckley money wisely on good players we've got under average players and now will have to spend even more in January.

Bloody shambles.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Keeping Bent for the season would be a huge coup, even getting him in for a month was imo. I guess the key will be whether any Premier League team in need of goals comes in for him, if not then we must have a decent chance of retaining him.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

I'm pretty sure it's been quoted as being around 10-15k a week we're contributing. Which is more or less line with our other highest earners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here