Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully's Xmas party

Am stuck at work but son has just sent me a nice pic of him with Greer and Jonah. Assuming this is the signing table without the long queue.

Wonder if the atmosphere is a little bit different this year - or if it's just like usual, as kids don't really do the footballing kind of bedwetting?

S

smileyweb

It's incredibly quiet, compared to previous years. Hardly any need to queue for anything. Atmosphere is a little 'muted'...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh dear even the kids aren't bothering now, will there be an attendance and pre-tendance announced ?

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Gullys as in Gully girls or what ever name they are now without the girls? Barber has ruined the joy and happiness for children and the same children that Barber wants to support the Albion, you know, the future Albion fans and he's waved his stick and undone all the hard work the club was aiming to achieve in enticing children to the club.

Children and parents used to love the Amex experience, you know, new family's attending whether they be West ham, Arsenal, Liverpool supports but want their children to support their local clubs and was a good day out not just for the children but the adults as well, as the children used to wait for the Gully Girls while the adults used to drink on the concourse watching football.

Gully girls got axed and the children got bored as they hadn't anything to look forward to and the adults couldn't drink with mates as children we becoming restless and bored. New parents and children don't want to attend anymore as the match day experience is non existence for both.

Barber is ruining our club, why would he care? He isn't BHA like us is he, he's in it for his wages and bonuses. He'll one day and have no sympathy for us.

I dislike Barber and that burke. Bloom should sack them both. Yes, Barber has hit his target as reducing costs but is causing divides amongst the ranks but the hardcore fans and it'll only result in civil war.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Gullys as in Gully girls or what ever name they are now without the girls? Barber has ruined the joy and happiness for children and the same children that Barber wants to support the Albion, you know, the future Albion fans and he's waved his stick and undone all the hard work the club was aiming to achieve in enticing children to the club.

Children and parents used to love the Amex experience, you know, new family's attending whether they be West ham, Arsenal, Liverpool supports but want their children to support their local clubs and was a good day out not just for the children but the adults as well, as the children used to wait for the Gully Girls while the adults used to drink on the concourse watching football.

Gully girls got axed and the children got bored as they hadn't anything to look forward to and the adults couldn't drink with mates as children we becoming restless and bored. New parents and children don't want to attend anymore as the match day experience is non existence for both.

Barber is ruining our club, why would he care? He isn't BHA like us is he, he's in it for his wages and bonuses. He'll one day and have no sympathy for us.

I dislike Barber and that burke. Bloom should sack them both. Yes, Barber has hit his target as reducing costs but is causing divides amongst the ranks but the hardcore fans and it'll only result in civil war.

Palace troll!

Great afternoon, kids absolutely loved it. Well done to the club.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Palace troll!

That's what I was trying to say and now they hate the match day experience and that's why the family stand is becoming baron. Barber is losing the familys that he kept banging on about enticing as they're the future of the club.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
That's what I was trying to say and now they hate the match day experience and that's why the family stand is becoming baron. Barber is losing the familys that he kept banging on about enticing as they're the future of the club.

They hate the matchday experience? Who exactly hate it?

Nothing's changed, Gully's girls went 1st season didnt they and that never stopped families going at all?

Palace troll!

Same here, we are painfully aware of our position and have strong views about what needs to be done and by whom. But the kids don't really care and I think the club put on a great event today.

Youngest Potting enjoyed it immensely, loads of players there signing and being friendly and ready to pose for photos - even Sami and Jones were present.

To reinforce the Calderon legend status we were queuing up for autographs and I commented to YP that it was shame he wasn't there. She pointed out that he was standing by the rest of the players with his young son (deemed to be "really cute" by YP) who sat with him and was practising autographs for when he gets famous and probably captains a winning Albion team in the Champion's League. They just seemed to appear, presumably via some mystic teleport power that is only possessed by him.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
They hate the matchday experience? Who exactly hate it?

Nothing's changed, Gully's girls went 1st season didnt they and that never stopped families going at all?

Don't think they did. Barber when he joined. I met loads of Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa, Man Utd, Spurs, West Ham fans on the trains, buses, coaches to and from the Amex and they loved the Amex experience mainly for their children as they were priced out and wanted their children to grow up following their local club and their children loved gully girls and when Barber axed Gully Girls then the children lost interest.

Paul Barber bangs on about getting future generations of children to attend but what have children got to look forward to? nothing. Match day experiences are being eroded and less and less parents will renew meaning future fans will be lost.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Don't think they did. Barber when he joined. I met loads of Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa, Man Utd, Spurs, West Ham fans on the trains, buses, coaches to and from the Amex and they loved the Amex experience mainly for their children as they were priced out and wanted their children to grow up following their local club and their children loved gully girls and when Barber axed Gully Girls then the children lost interest.

Paul Barber bangs on about getting future generations of children to attend but what have children got to look forward to? nothing. Match day experiences are being eroded and less and less parents will renew meaning future fans will be lost.

The end product on the pitch is what put people off, not gully's girls. There were 29000 tickets sold a couple of games back, with plenty of kids.

Surely the key component of the "matchday experience" is attractive play on the pitch generally leading to good results. Judged by that I have had excellent "matchday experiences" at the Goldstone, Withdean and Amex (wiil pass on my one experience of Priestfield) just none this season so far.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
The end product on the pitch is what put people off, not gully's girls. There were 29000 tickets sold a couple of games back, with plenty of kids.

You're missing the point. Children liked to be entertained and if not then they're bored. Forget one of game. When Gully girls were around then parents left their children in the family stand as they were excited as they're waiting for Gully Girls and the big teddies to come along while the parents were drink and watching footy with like minded mates/parents but now that's being eroded and children won't sit and wait but venture onto the concourse looking for parents, moaning and groaning as they're bored and don't want to come again. You think that the game and entertainment is for adults, far from it mate, if the children are bored then how are we supposed to entice our future young fans along when we've lost decades from the goldstone?

It'll never happen under Barber as he only cares about his pocket and bank balance, need a proper fan in place who will undertand.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
How the f*** can you turn Gully's kids Christmas party into a blame Barber thread? Pillock

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here