Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno Red Card

jimmygull

Mar 22, 2012
Just watched the highlights on player. Does anyone else think it wasn't a red card. I know it was a two footed lunge but he was there before the other player, and got the ball away before the coming together. Thoughts?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
He got the ball, ball was cleared, oppo player ran into his legs well after the ball had gone.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I thought sliding in both feet up was pretty well outlawed regardless of whether or not he got to it first, it's bloody dangerous.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't think anyone who was there expected anything other than a red card. It was a dumb thing to do, by going in two footed you have no control. The only consolation was that his feet were on the ground.

Bruno lost his rag because in the 30 seconds prior to the tackle he had casually given the ball away twice on the edge of our area, the second was semi cleared by the defence, and he then did his dirty deed. It's a shame as he had looked half decent swapping the right back/midfield role with Calde at will in the first hour.

He's a senior player and knows the rules, this was a very dumb thing to do from a bright bloke.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If you tackle two footed with studs showing it will always be a straight red card. A stupid tackle by one of our most experienced players.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
That was how the ref saw it. It was some time before the other player got there

Well it wasn't like minutes! Bruno got there first but any misjudgment (in his expectation of time) could have had the other fella on a stretcher

I'd be shocked if we were to appeal - but given everything else that has happened who knows?

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He ran into the tackle like a man possessed. The people around me just groaned. There only seemed to be one possible outcome.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well it wasn't like minutes! Bruno got their first but any misjudgment (in his expectation of time) could have had the other fella on a stretcher

I'd be shocked if we were to appeal - but given everything else that has happened who knows?

I was talking of a second probably as the ball was cleared before the Wolves player got there. The club will have better equipment to slow down and freeze the action to decide on a possible appeal.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I was talking of a second probably as the ball was cleared before the Wolves player got there. The club will have better equipment to slow down and freeze the action to decide on a possible appeal.

The fact that he got there a second before the other bloke is irrelevant

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
The fact it happened after the controversial penalty to dive decision, there was only ever going to be one result after the tackle with the fans on the ref's back.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
If you tackle two footed with studs showing it will always be a straight red card. A stupid tackle by one of our most experienced players.

I think the point it was not a tackle, Bruno had slid in, cleared the ball then the other guy slid into Bruno's feet after the ball had been cleared, there was no tackle.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
A reckless challenge, which it was, will be an automatic red card. Unfortunately, whenever Bruno loses the ball to an opponent, he always fouls the player afterwards, who is how he gets many of his bookings.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thought at the time that it was a really harsh decision, possibly influenced by the fact that the ref had previously gone back on the penalty decision (and possible red card to Stockdale) on the advice of the linesman. However, everyone around me just shook their head and said it was straight red, so I piped down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here