Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the cider drinkers......

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I popped into the Harvey's shop in Lewes this morning after a spot of brekkie in Bills with the parents in law and our nipper and found some new ciders I've never seen before.

I like my strong cider and Westons original is my current choice although I can be partial to Old Rosie, a Thatchers Vintage or Katy occasionally and I bought a selection to try out today before committing to one in particular for Christmas day.....

I'm looking forward to this, this lot are pretty strong and 2 of them are 1l bottles so expecting to be pretty pissed in a couple of hours:drink::drink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I popped into the Harvey's shop in Lewes this morning after a spot of brekkie in Bills with the parents in law and our nipper and found some new ciders I've never seen before.

I like my strong cider and Westons original is my current choice although I can be partial to Old Rosie, a Thatchers Vintage or Katy occasionally and I bought a selection to try out today before committing to one in particular for Christmas day.....

I'm looking forward to this, this lot are pretty strong and 2 of them are 1l bottles so expecting to be pretty pissed in a couple of hours:drink::drink:

I'm not sure how it works but ciders are usually always a bit of a higher alcohol % than beers yet you don't get pissed any faster. If you get on with them you must go down to Middle Farm to try their huge range of draught ciders.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I have frequented Middle Farm many a time, but it's a bit of a trek and found that many don't have too long a shelf life once home, I had one even explode in the boot of the car on the way home once, it took months for the smell to go even after I stripped and cleaned all the boot lining.....

I get drunk a lot quicker on strong cider, the urine served up in pubs like Strongbow I can drink all day in quite large quantities.... But 4 bottles of Westons in an evening and you can find me dribbling and staggering my way to bed quite early!!!

First up today is the Sussex cider, it's carbonated which caught me by surprise but the bottle top should have given it away really.....

It's very nice, dry, and reminds me a lot of Stowford Press. Strength is good though and doesn't taste as strong as it is, which could catch a few out if they're not careful....

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Biddenden (centre of OP's picture) is the connoiseur's mainstream cider of choice. Unfortunately, the only place I've found locally that has it permanently on draught (in its 8.1% incarnation) is the Brewers Arms in Lewes. Hopefully one day it will be in every pub in Sussex - it's amazing how quickly Stowford Press and Aspalls replaced Strongbow (which is almost impossible to find on draught in Brighton these days), so there is hope for the future.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I find Aspalls ok but it's too sweet for me, the last time I drank it it gave me chronic heartburn. When I'm out (a luxury these days with a 4.5 month baby) or at the footie I drink Strongbow as its easily available in a lot of pubs so no need to mix drinks and it's at the Amex.

That Sussex cider went down pretty damn quick today, the missus is sitting opposite frowning at me holding a teething baby with a slightly judgemental look (although it could be jealousy) as its her turn to drive home from her folks house later on this evening so it's my turn to get drunk. I'm just glad I have tomorrow off work 😉

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here