Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin Keown

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Listening to him on MOTD 2, makes me wonder why he has not gone into management. Played at the highest level, is passionate, talks a good game, makes Robbie Savage sound a very thick mouthy **** when discussing things with him.

Very articulate and forthright in his views, perfect manager material imo.

Is he just not interested in managing?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Listening to him on MOTD 2, makes me wonder why he has not gone into management. Played at the highest level, is passionate, talks a good game, makes Robbie Savage sound a very thick mouthy **** when discussing things with him.

Very articulate and forthright in his views, perfect manager material imo.

Is he just not interested in managing?

No idea if hes done his coaching badges or not, but I'd swap him for Hyypia in a heartbeat

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Talks a good game? Mmm, now that sounds familiar.

Please don't tell me you think Hyypia talks a good game :lolol:

Edit just checked and Keown is back coaching at Arsenal and taking his badges.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's funny, I was watching that with my dad and we both commented how much the chip on his shoulder has grown since we last saw him. He's grumpy, mouthy and keen to belittle whoever he is talking to. Savage is a prat, anyone can see that, but it's entertaining watching pundits disagree with each other.

As for going into management, I think it's a big shame for people like Keown not to go down that route. Pundity is the lazy option, Gary Neville should give management a proper go, and forget the England coaching role.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I always thought that as a player Keown was a spiteful, niggly nasty player who was an expert in the " Dark Arts " of defending. I was pleasantly surprised when he talks about the game though as his thoughts and opinions are very incisive and objective. He may do management but if he has enough cash from the PFA pension ( I believe it starts paying out at 35 ) his best bet is to do a bit of punditry and not have the 7 day a week stress of management.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Could definitely be our ''Missing Link''

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i recall watching some program with him taking his coaching badeges and working at a club in Holland or Germany. i reckon he's willing to take the steady route.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sit around on the BBC gravy train watching and talking football.
Or
Spend all day deflecting the 'Kick out Keown' campaign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here