Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What striker can save us in Jan?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
With people saying Bloom needs to splash the cash to save us in Jan. Got me wondering what striker can save our season???. Going on the fact we currently have Darren Bent, who once cost £24m and was top prem goalscorer. Who do people think can save us from going down??? Because the way I see it who could we possible get who is better than Bent??? Who we have won 1 point with since his arrival. That's no reflection on Bent, by the way as I think the guy is class...For me just goes to show, we are royally stuffed. Personally I don't think Lionel Messi could save us, all the time Hyypia/Jones are calling the shots from the sideline.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ridiculous thread as it is not relevant. We have the strikers to put the ball in the net the problem as everybody is aware is the supply go them. That is what we have to improve.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Rhodes, or buy Vossen from parent club in January.

We'd need at least 1 midfielder as well.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Darren Bent is the striker to save us. It's been centre midfield where we've been outclassed too many times this season.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ridiculous thread as it is not relevant. We have the strikers to put the ball in the net the problem as everybody is aware is the supply go them. That is what we have to improve.

Teixera, McCourt, Lualua, March, Ince, Holla, JFC, Gardener, Colunga, Bennett......Tell me, where does the problem lie??? So none of these are good enough to feed the striker to score the goals we need. Your right we should get another 4 midfielders for Hyypia to rotate, to provide the supply. I suppose my point is, I don't see the answer to our problem being signing another 5 players.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
January 1st we have Baldock (injured), Colunga & CMS , is that a strike force to save us ?

Baldock will be back and all 3 are proven goalscorers so yes they are. The important signings are a DM possibly Diarra and an attacking midfielder. Two come to mind Forest are prepared to let Henri Lansbury go and Watford Lewis McGuggan both would solve the problem plus get Stephens fit.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
With people saying Bloom needs to splash the cash to save us in Jan. Got me wondering what striker can save our season???. Going on the fact we currently have Darren Bent, who once cost £24m and was top prem goalscorer. Who do people think can save us from going down??? Because the way I see it who could we possible get who is better than Bent??? Who we have won 1 point with since his arrival. That's no reflection on Bent, by the way as I think the guy is class...For me just goes to show, we are royally stuffed. Personally I don't think Lionel Messi could save us, all the time Hyypia/Jones are calling the shots from the sideline.

Audicious I know, how about getting Ulloa on loan from Leicester, he's on their bench these days, only coming on when needed:whistle:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Teixera, McCourt, Lualua, March, Ince, Holla, JFC, Gardener, Colunga, Bennett......Tell me, where does the problem lie??? So none of these are good enough to feed the striker to score the goals we need. Your right we should get another 4 midfielders for Hyypia to rotate, to provide the supply. I suppose my point is, I don't see the answer to our problem being signing another 5 players.

All good enough for the bench bar McCourt but there is no outstanding attacking goal scoring midfielder in that list.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
All good enough for the bench bar McCourt but there is no outstanding attacking goal scoring midfielder in that list.

Disagree, Teixera-McCourt-Bennett all have goals in them. I still think we have a mid table squad as it is. Hyypia just hasn't got a clue what his best team is. Because for me JFC shouldn't even be in the squad on current form.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

If BUY BACK BOB wins the 12.40 at lingfield today that is the answer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here