Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

boxing day travel on buses

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Help needed, no trains for this as you are aware, never got the bus before, where and what number can I get the bus in shoreham to the game?

D

Deleted User X18H

One would imagine you would board a 700 or a 2 in Shoreham then change for a 25, 28 or 29 at Old Steine .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Help needed, no trains for this as you are aware, never got the bus before, where and what number can I get the bus in shoreham to the game?

I thought there is a direct bus to and from the ground on match days from Shoreham ?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I thought there is a direct bus to and from the ground on match days from Shoreham ?

That was scrapped along with the Rottingdean bus. Our Dear Mr Barber announced increases in season ticket prices of up to £50 to cover the travel costs and after people had paid, he then scrapped these two services. But he did lay on the same service with Seagull Travel that would cost anyone an extra £70 per season, on top of the fifty already paid.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That was scrapped along with the Rottingdean bus. Our Dear Mr Barber announced increases in season ticket prices of up to £50 to cover the travel costs and after people had paid, he then scrapped these two services. But he did lay on the same service with Seagull Travel that would cost anyone an extra £70 per season, on top of the fifty already paid.

What a nice man he is for that..........

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008

Glad somebody else feels the same way as I do, I'm surprised the 'fans' were not more vocal at the time about being conned.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Glad somebody else feels the same way as I do, I'm surprised the 'fans' were not more vocal at the time about being conned.

I went into the ground and asked to see him but was palmed off with some unfortunate young lady, who had to deal with my rant.
I was offered the chance to have my money back for my season ticket.
I really did feel cheated, because to add insult to injury, as a pensioner I don't have to pay for bus travel, but my son and grandson do, who I travel with and finances were are tight for him at the time.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Whilst I agree, having now resigned to paying the extra, the service is far superior. No more leaving 5 mins early to get ahead of the queue, standing in a line like cattle getting cold and wet, packed in like sardines.
Now you can watch the end of the game clap the guys off the pitch, take a slow stroll up to the coach park get on your designated bus with a reserved seat and the bus leaves perfectly on time. For the extra £4 ish per game or equal to a pint it's well worth it and great value.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Whilst I agree, having now resigned to paying the extra, the service is far superior. No more leaving 5 mins early to get ahead of the queue, standing in a line like cattle getting cold and wet, packed in like sardines.
Now you can watch the end of the game clap the guys off the pitch, take a slow stroll up to the coach park get on your designated bus with a reserved seat and the bus leaves perfectly on time. For the extra £4 ish per game or equal to a pint it's well worth it and great value.

Agreed! First season of using Seagulls Travel and especially for this colder part of the season beats standing cattle like in freezing cold weather waiting for bus/train! I'm getting too old for that lark. 😬

Thnx for the link, but im after usual buses, ie the ones that are free, not seagull travel, I heard you can get bus to brighton?
Brighton & Hove Buses are running a (reduced) service on many of their routes, including the 1/1A, 2, 5/5A/5B, 6, 7, 12/12A/13/14/14A, 22B, 25, 26, 27, 28, 48/49, 50, 77 and 78/79.

Bus 2 will be half-hourly between Shoreham High Street and North Street. Change on to the 25 ( every 20 minutes) for Falmer or walk up to the station for a train.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Brighton & Hove Buses are running a (reduced) service on many of their routes, including the 1/1A, 2, 5/5A/5B, 6, 7, 12/12A/13/14/14A, 22B, 25, 26, 27, 28, 48/49, 50, 77 and 78/79.

Bus 2 will be half-hourly between Shoreham High Street and North Street. Change on to the 25 ( every 20 minutes) for Falmer or walk up to the station for a train.

Apreciate the info, my neice lives just by the holmbush , does it run via there? Or along shoreham rd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here