Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyppia out. Or in. Or whatever.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I try and kid myself that I've lost interest but I still arranged my day yesterday so that I could listen to the full commentary from Wolves :down:

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i have gone from disbelief (that he wasn't sacked weeks ago) to anger and being thoroughly fed up with it.

i have always been of the view that TB could do no wrong after what he has done for our club, but he is sorely testing my faith atm

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
i have gone from disbelief (that he wasn't sacked weeks ago) to anger and being thoroughly fed up with it.

i have always been of the view that TB could do no wrong after what he has done for our club, but he is sorely testing my faith atm

couldnt put it better myself, i just still cant believe he hasnt been sacked or walked i find it just amazing. Ive always backed Bloom but like you say its really is testing my faith. I nearly didnt go to the Millwall game my wife couldnt believe i even thought about it. And were going to let Sami & Burke spend in January its staggering. We are a laughing stock, boxing day is going to be horrible atmosphere.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
couldnt put it better myself, i just still cant believe he hasnt been sacked or walked i find it just amazing. Ive always backed Bloom but like you say its really is testing my faith. I nearly didnt go to the Millwall game my wife couldnt believe i even thought about it. And were going to let Sami & Burke spend in January its staggering. We are a laughing stock, boxing day is going to be horrible atmosphere.

Absolutely spot on. This covers how so many fans are feeling, it'll be very interesting come ST renewal time

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Ive been a season ticket holder for nearly 20 years and this is the most angry, disillusioned, apathetic and incredulous I have felt since the dark days of Archer and Bellotti. Bloom, IMO, is refusing to confront the obvious for reasons unknown and unexplained. As others have said, giving Hyypia and Burke a load of dosh to spend in January will be a highly risky strategy and could make things go from bad to worse. It could be pretty much all over bar the shouting by then anyway. Bloom has now become the problem, irrespective of the fact that he's pumped £200m into the club's infrastructure.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Boxing day at home with Mr Hyypia still in charge? Pretty much like sitting at home on Boxing day watching The Sound of Music. You've seen it so many times it's cringe worthy....but you still hum along with Julie Andrews:lolol::facepalm:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I like many other said weeks ago he should have gone. Because otherwise it might be to late for anyone to come in and save us. Going on the basis we may need 50pts min to stay up, that means we have to average 1.29 points per game, we are currently averaging 0.86. At the current rate we are going we will end up on 39 points. To get the 31 points required to stay up we need to win 8, draw 7 and can only afford to lose another 9 games out of 24. It's just isn't going to happen under Hyypia. We might draw a dozen games, but that would still mean we have to win 6 just to get 49pts, which still might take us down...That's why people like Stockdale saying we are not in trouble a joke. We were in trouble weeks ago our situation now is critical...Pound for pound, given our facilities and what the average customer pays, week in week out. This has to be one of the biggest cock ups in the clubs history and Bloom calls himself a fan. I've got a season ticket, which will not be renewed and my seat will be empty Boxing Day. Quite frankly I'd rather go down the pub and watch the racing on the tv, than drive the 35 miles to watch Hyypia sitting there with his arms folded, while not picking people like Elliot Bennett and giving Paddy 3 mins, when we need a goal.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Ive been a season ticket holder for nearly 20 years and this is the most angry, disillusioned, apathetic and incredulous I have felt since the dark days of Archer and Bellotti. Bloom, IMO, is refusing to confront the obvious for reasons unknown and unexplained. As others have said, giving Hyypia and Burke a load of dosh to spend in January will be a highly risky strategy and could make things go from bad to worse. It could be pretty much all over bar the shouting by then anyway. Bloom has now become the problem, irrespective of the fact that he's pumped £200m into the club's infrastructure.
What about if Bloom doesn't give him any substantial backing in January?

With the club's stance currently I wouldn't be surprised to see very little movement unless we offload for decent fees.

Nothing would surprise me given recent events.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

With the club's stance currently I wouldn't be surprised to see very little movement unless we offload for decent fees.

I think you know the answer to your question!!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Me too. tbh I'm pretty much ignoring football now and this can't be good for the club.
You are not though as you still log onto here everyday. I also bet you read the Argus daily too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't see it as 'giving up caring'.

It's just a question of 'can you accept the fact it's Tony's club, to do with as he pleases?'.

Like it or not, he's bought that right, and we either suck it up or sod off.
As it would appear he'll not be bowing to pressure, or laying the blame for the current league position on one man.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
I guess I just am not going to let something that is Out of my control stress me out anymore. They clearly won't bow out to the wishes of the majority of the fans

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
I am full of guilt bizarrely. There is a devilish part of me that rather enjoys observing how Barber, Burke, Beirne (and possibly even Bloom) appear to underestimate how quickly this club will go backwards and how quickly revenues will empty out. Our numbers are soft and based on a minimum of competing at Championship level. The real core is only about 12,000 ish.

Burke has wasted millions already and only an expensive clean out gives us any chance (including the clueless Finn). But that is now a financial risk and would you trust Burke to facilitate it.

Perfect Storm.

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
When it becomes a question of when, not if, the manager has to go, there is that air of resignation. Up until the Watford game I keep telling myself that this is the week that we are going to turn it around, but now I cannot see it with the current management team in place. Unfortunately we are running out of time for anything but a relegation dog fight.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

Offload what? Dunk is the only one of our players worth anything, especially with the £s we need to buy anything decent in January!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here