Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing Lad Harrison Reed

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Started for Southampton today, slipped through our net. Was he ever on our books as a junior?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Started for Southampton today, slipped through our net. Was he ever on our books as a junior?

He is my sons mate. He was in the same class at Durrington High and i believe has been at Southampton since he was eight years old. He texts my lad and used to dig at Callum Chambers parents in the week. Well thought of by Saints manager.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
He is my sons mate. He was in the same class at Durrington High and i believe has been at Southampton since he was eight years old. He texts my lad and used to dig at Callum Chambers parents in the week. Well thought of by Saints manager.

Talked about with great affection by the barmaids in the Tudor Close as well as your SON !

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Didn't realise he was a local lad. Looks like we've let a real gem slip through the net.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Didn't realise he was a local lad. Looks like we've let a real gem slip through the net.

Not so much a question of letting him slip through the net - back then it would have been an obvious choice for the young boy - Southampton had an academy that produced (and sold on) the likes of Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gareth Bale - and quite a few others. We would have been at Withdean............

Yes, we've got a great academy NOW, but it'll still take a long time to match the achievements of Southampton's. We've got quite a bit of catching up to do!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Not so much a question of letting him slip through the net - back then it would have been an obvious choice for the young boy - Southampton had an academy that produced (and sold on) the likes of Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gareth Bale - and quite a few others. We would have been at Withdean............

Yes, we've got a great academy NOW, but it'll still take a long time to match the achievements of Southampton's. We've got quite a bit of catching up to do!

Yeah - fair point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here