Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Silent Admission

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Is sticking by Sami a silent admission that the summer signings weren't all that? Does Bloom KNOW that Mr Burke failed this time around?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If we had a decent squad then Sami would have gone by now. I don't think it needs an admission by Bloom to know that we were the most ill prepared club for this season. Having six loanee's tells it's own story let alone being without Crofts, Stephens and now KLL, Greer and Baldock.

Bloom dealt him a hand of cards full of eveything below 8 and not a pair in sight.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If we had a decent squad then Sami would have gone by now. I don't think it needs an admission by Bloom to know that we were the most ill prepared club for this season. Having six loanee's tells it's own story let alone being without Crofts, Stephens and now KLL, Greer and Baldock.

Bloom dealt him a hand of cards full of eveything below 8 and not a pair in sight.

Being without Baldock has not affected the teams performance a jot. However, I take your point about how poorly prepared we were, and that the board know this. I'm thinking now that Bloom MUST have signings lined up for January, and with them Sami will have to perform, or else they will surely show him the door.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Being without Baldock has not affected the teams performance a jot. However, I take your point about how poorly prepared we were, and that the board know this. I'm thinking now that Bloom MUST have signings lined up for January, and with them Sami will have to perform, or else they will surely show him the door.

Probably not, I just added him to the injured list, but it hasn't helped that has been out injured twice this season so I don't really know what he can or can't do for us.

Bloom has to sort out the loan issues and I would proably send Gardner back and replace with a full signing to start with.

It sounds like Bent wants to stay so that's a good thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's hard not to think there's plenty in this.

As for a positive spin, I guess we can be pleased the club hierarchy aren't just dumping their scapegoat and blaming ALL the failings on him.

It's a policy that may well see us relegated, but at least we'll go down with principles.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Baldrick has been a huge waste of money so far -2m!! & not going to start if Bent stays - just one of many dire summer signings

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
Sadly if these signings fail then we will be relegated. I have little faith in the current management team to get good players and play them in the correct formation. My approval goes to the banner holders at todays game

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think we might be getting near the truth here. As I see it, having made mistakes (Burke's recruitment team (definitely) and Hyypia (probably)) then the best PR spin on this will be to spend the Ulloa / Buckley / Bridcutt money (and the FA cup final money if they can find it!) in bringing in some manager led new signings in January.

We'll all be glad to see some money being spent on the team, and a degree of feel good factor may return - also helps that FFP, now amended, seems to be a busted flush.

Then, if with ten or twelve games left we are still in deep sh1t, then Sami will be got rid of and a good manager who is also a firefighter can be brought in to keep us up. They will then have time to assess the squad and work out what is needed for a proper transfer window in the summer; Burke and co. can be quietly despatched (or put directly under the line management of the manager), and we can start again next season with a proper set-up.

That, I think, must be the plan now - PR based to make the board look good (and generous), but also a good way of reforming of the structure of the club to move it forward. I wonder if it'll turn out that way.......or are we heading for Crawley?

scooter1

How soon is now?
The club signed a bunch of players without fully knowing who the manager would be, and thus also what style we would migrate to. The players can't adjust... Saying that, I still don't believe Hyppia can turn it around, regardless of who we sign in January. It will be a right royal f u c k up if we go down, knowing that a change of manager now could avert this.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The club signed a bunch of players without fully knowing who the manager would be, and thus also what style we would migrate to. The players can't adjust... Saying that, I still don't believe Hyppia can turn it around, regardless of who we sign in January. It will be a right royal f u c k up if we go down, knowing that a change of manager now could avert this.....

Which players did we sign before Hyypia arrived? Just Stockdale? I thought we didn't bother with most of our signings until we were two games and two defeats into the season?

If Hyypia really did have no say in the signings after he arrived then the whole set up really is Tinpot

scooter1

How soon is now?
Which players did we sign before Hyypia arrived? Just Stockdale? I thought we didn't bother with most of our signings until we were two games and two defeats into the season?

If Hyypia really did have no say in the signings after he arrived then the whole set up really is Tinpot
This is one for the the dates stats, but other than Stockdale, Toko and possibly COG. Did Hyppia have time to run the rule over Holla and Colunga, and even possibly Baldock. We were reportedly after him for a while, is it possible that this goes back to before Hyppia was taken on

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is one for the the dates stats, but other than Stockdale, Toko and possibly COG. Did Hyppia have time to run the rule over Holla and Colunga, and even possibly Baldock. We were reportedly after him for a while, is it possible that this goes back to before Hyppia was taken on

I would not be surprised if Hyypia was given the players with no input whatsoever, apart from Tex

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
A right ******* mess

Sami has not been sacked because that would be an admission that Bloom & co chose the wrong man.

Bloom coming out & saying that he spent the last day of the August transfer window in the pub because he was happy with the business we had done.

Stockdale (championship)
Baldock (league 1)
O Grady (league 1)
Mccort (league 1)
Holla (Dutch top division)
Colunga (Spanish 3rd division)

Yet 4 months later if rules would allow we would have 6 loan players in our starting 11.

Not a real endorsement of our recruitment policy I think.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's hard not to think there's plenty in this.

As for a positive spin, I guess we can be pleased the club hierarchy aren't just dumping their scapegoat and blaming ALL the failings on him.

It's a policy that may well see us relegated, but at least we'll go down with principles.

Who gives a flying f u c k about principles if we get relegated? Seriously!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Is sticking by Sami a silent admission that the summer signings weren't all that? Does Bloom KNOW that Mr Burke failed this time around?

Yes. Last chance in January for Burke otherwise he will be gone in the summer or moved into a development only role.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here