Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eddie Howe Will He Ever Get a Top Job In The Premiership?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
clearly this fella knows what he's doing

has it got to the stage when,actually being English is a disadvantage?

let's face it,if he was Spanish he'd get a job in the premiership no problems

I don't know how ambitious this fella is,but what he's doing at B'mouth is extraordinary

Possibly right now,the best English manager in the football league

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
If he gets Bournemouth into the top flight, he will definitely get noticed. The only thing that might put clubs off are the circumstances which led to him leaving Burnley. Some chairmen/owners may wonder if he would be cut out to work away from the surroundings he is used to.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He has said that he wants to take Bournemouth as far as he can and apparently has no interest in going anywhere else. How wonderful must it be to have a quality manager who actually wants to stay with you. He admits to making a mistake going to Burnley.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Burnley is a particularly grim northern place......their fans are known as the 'Dingles' after the rough family in a gritty northern soap.
Just as northern as northern can be, but they do know how to party...as this picture of the 'Duke of York' boozer shows.

_1406929_burnley3pa300.jpg

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
No, he's a big fish in a small sea at B'muff with a particular set of circumstances that suit him down to the ground. Take him away from there, crank the pressure up a bit and he'll be back down managing B'muff before you know it.

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
I must bump this thread when he's appointed manager of England. By the way, Charlie Austin to sign for AFCB in January?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
If he gets Bournemouth into the top flight, he will definitely get noticed. The only thing that might put clubs off are the circumstances which led to him leaving Burnley. Some chairmen/owners may wonder if he would be cut out to work away from the surroundings he is used to.

What were they?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I must bump this thread when he's appointed manager of England. By the way, Charlie Austin to sign for AFCB in January?

Not sure that being appointed England's manager is the highest accolade in the land!!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Think that makes Brighton a puddle. :laugh:
true tho fella, you are a small club.....but your manager would not come here, we are only slightly bigger. It would take a seriously big club to tempt him away and even then it would be a huge risk to achieve more than he can with you. Exciting times for your lot, you have a brilliant manager who has got you storming to the top, chance of playing the big boys and likely to stay with you if you go up or not. Good luck you lucky buggers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm sure if he maintains his prominence as a young manager," one of your Stokes,Hulls, or West Broms will come in for him "

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
What were they?

'Personal reasons'. But he jacked it in and Clarets fans were griping about it at the time.

Incidentally, he will, and should get his chance in the Prem when the right opportunity comes.

Don't believe any of this 'Being British is holding him back' shite.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here