Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves match ratings

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stockdale 7: One superb save, couple of good ones, one nasty spill that could have cost us. Distribution good.
Bennett 6: Would have been higher but suicidal back pass was in contrast to an otherwise impressive performance at back and attacking.
Dunk 6: Not a natural leader but did all he had to against a poor Wolves front line.
Halford 6: Same as Dunk.
Calde 6: Was skinned an alarming number of times, far better supporting the attack.
Bruno 0: Sheer stupidly. He'd just given the ball away twice around our box and lost his head totally with the tackle. Red card fully deserved, it wasn't as dangerous as Wolves made out as kept feet on ground but totally unnecessary and unprofessional.
JFC 8: Did his best to run the show, never stopped tackling and used the ball well when in possession.
Holla 6: Tidy but tired in second half.
March 5: Peripheral, okay in possession but not up to standard of last season.
Texiera 4: Has a bag of tricks but decision making not great and knocked off ball too easily. Some classic Portuguese pouting at times.
Bent 7: Took goal well and led line as best he could with little support.

Subs:
Ince 5: Added much needed height and battled reasonably.
Gardner 5: Huffed and puffed, closed Wolves down reasonably.
Colunga 4: Should have made more of a nuisance of himself and stayed on halfway line for the corner when we conceded to take out two defenders.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Stockdale 8 - Some great saves and professionalism (time-wasting)
Bennett - 7 defended ok and stretched keeper with a good long range effort.
Dunk - 7 Solid as usual
Halford - 7 Would've been 6 but for involved in some handbags late on - nice to see a bit of fight in a loaner.
Calde 7 - I can't blame him for getting skinned repeatedly once Bruno had departed - he was exposed.
Bruno - 4 Probably cost us the win
JFC 8 - best game I think I've seen
Holla 5 - looked rusty
Tex 6 - 7 first half 5 second
March 4 - no confidence at the moment.
Bent 7 - nice goal and worked hard as an outlet.
Gardener 6 - seemed to give Calde a lot of cover when he came on.

Can't be arsed to score Ince and Colunga - neither had long enough.

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
Stockdale 7: One superb save, couple of good ones, one nasty spill that could have cost us. Distribution good.
Bennett 6: Would have been higher but suicidal back pass was in contrast to an otherwise impressive performance at back and attacking.
Dunk 6: Not a natural leader but did all he had to against a poor Wolves front line.
Calde 6: Was skinned an alarming number of times, far better supporting the attack.
Bruno 0: Sheer stupidly. He'd just given the ball away twice around our box and lost his head totally with the tackle. Red card fully deserved, it wasn't as dangerous as Wolves made out as kept feet on ground but totally unnecessary and unprofessional.
JFC 8: Did his best to run the show, never stopped tackling and used the ball well when in possession.
Texiera 4: Has a bag of tricks but decision making not great and knocked off ball too easily. Some classic Portuguese pouting at times.

Subs:
Colunga 4: Should have made more of a nuisance of himself and stayed on halfway line for the corner when we conceded to take out two defenders.

Totally agree with this.
Calde looked half dead towards the end so no wonder he was getting beaten, also not having Bruno near by took its toll.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Stockdale 8
Bennett 6
Dunk 7
Halford 6
Calderon 6
Holla 6
JFC 8
Bruno 4
Tex 6
March 5
Bent 7

Gardner 6
Ince 6
Colunga 5

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 8
Calderon 6
Halford 6
Dunk 7
Bennett 6

Holla 7
Bruno 2
JFC 9

Tex 6
March 6

Bent 7

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

Subs:

What a surprise. Jfc plays in the right position and playes well.

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
Stockdale 8: Great performance other than one poor parry to the opposition.
Bennett 7: Did really well to find space in attacking positions.
Dunk 7: Solid.
Halford 7: Solid.
Calderon 6: Got skinned time and time again and kept getting caught out of position high up the pitch, even when we were defending for our lives with 10 men. Would've been a 4 if not for his assist.
Bruno 3: ****ing ridiculous tackle that screwed over the team. Everyone knows you cannot tackle two footed. Was very assured and one of our best players before his sending off other than two bad passes right before it.
JFC 8: Never stopped working hard and did well to retain possession.
Holla 5: Okay but a few sloppy passes.
March 5: Wasn't really involved.
Texiera 6: Very lively and won a couple of free-kicks. Very easily knocked over but was our only player who tried to run with the ball.
Bent 7: Well taken goal and lead the line to the best of his ability despite poor support.

Subs:
Ince 6: Pretty good defensively, a couple of sloppy passes.
Gardner 6: Worked hard.
Colunga 5: Messed up a good counter attacking opportunity and din't close down hard enough. Should have stayed up when they had a corner.

Hyypia 7: Thought he made all the right subs, Bruno let him down.

Thought it was a good away performance, Bruno let the side down. We could have conceded a few when down to 10 men so were lucky in that respect. Also we should've had another man sent off in the last minute when one of ours (Gardner?) aimed a headbutt at a Wolves player). And when I say headbutt I don't just mean a clashing of heads, a proper attempted headbutt.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale 8. One worldy and at least two other very good saves. Much better.
Calderon 6. Great to see him back in the team, Sako had him in all sorts of trouble though.
Bennett 8. The best I've seen him play for us. Man of the match.
Dunk 7. Didn't put a foot wrong. Solid.
Halford 7. Won pretty much every header that came his way. An able deputy for Greer.
Bruno 4. I was pleased to see him in midfield, but the red card made a huge difference to the game. He made it easy, for a referee looking to appease the home crowd for the penalty decision, to send him off.
Caskey 7. I thought he put himself about, worked his socks off for the team.
Holla 6. Much better than Gardner, but looked a bit rusty.
March 5. Not involved to a great extent, peripheral figure.
Teixera 4. Poor. Completely dominated by the Wolves defence, needs to work on upper body strength if he's to succeed at this level.
Bent 6. Did alright, scored a goal.

Gardner 3. Down to ten men, his team fighting like dogs to keep the opposition out and he puts in his usual performance. Harley Mk2. He needs to do more.
Ince 6. Battled.
Colunga N/A Late sub.

Promising signs of a return to form in the first half, some good football. I liked how we set up today, that team looked up for a battle. Stockdale finally showed why we paid £1m for him. Bruno's sending off changed the game, dropped his mates right in it. I hope someone gives him a dig on the team bus tonight. Wolves dominated from there on in so I guess a draw is the right result. I think we can take a bit of heart though from the performance, we at least showed a bit of grit today. Shame that we were forced to drop so deep after the red card.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What was elliott Bennett playing? Not that I have been that impressed with him, but strange that he is not there

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What was elliott Bennett playing? Not that I have been that impressed with him, but strange that he is not there

Hyypia has 6 loans. He can only use 5 in a match day squad. He has decided to rotate which one misses each match. Last week it was Joe Bennett, Halford missed Derby, Teixeira missed Fulham, so expect Gardner or Bent to miss Reading.

Plus, Elliott hasn't been playing as well lately.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Stockdale 8 - some fantastic saves. Best performance yet in front of Tomas aswell!
Bennett 6 - did a good job
Dunk 7 - solid, what we have come to expect
Halford 7 - very impressed. Professional performance.
Calderon 7 - worked his balls off.
Holla 6 - okay but has been better.
JFC 7 - one of his best games this season.
Bruno 3 - stupid stupid sending off. Was playing okayish up to that point.
Tex 4 - weak, knocked off the ball too easily, didn't get his head up enough and play the ball.
March 4 - obviously still not quite right. Largely Anonymous.
Bent 7 - decent today. Great goal and good movement.

Gardner 4 - game passed him buy, largely inept.
Ince 6 - didn't inpress but did a job.
Colunga 3 - lazy, a fool and a waste of space a time. Didn't run, offered nothing, pathetic.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Too simplistic to blame Bruno for everything.
They made two substitutions at half time and we didn't adjust to the change of tactics so looked in trouble from there on. That is why Bruno, who had been playing very assuredly got himself pressured into mistakes and a panic tackle.
It may sound odd but I think that based on recent displays when the same thing has happened we could easily have conceded two in the second half with 11 men on the pitch. Being down to 10 made us fight instead of letting ourselves get over-run.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Stockdake 9: Two outstanding saves and solid throughout, hardly put a foot wrong and can't see how he could do better
Bennett 6: played well but remember him giving the ball away twice
Halford 7: was worried when I saw the team, but he pleasantly surprised me
Dunk 8: suburb yet again
Calderon 6: worked hard for the team like he always does
Bruno 3.5: 6 for the first half as he was playing well, 1 for the idiotic second half
Holla 6: did okay, needs regular playing time to find previous form
JFC 8: played extremely well throughout, best I've seen him play for a while. Thought he should not start when I saw the team, his football shut me up
March 4: not up to pace still, saw little of the ball, gave it away a lot too
Tex 5: played well first half, rightfully sacrificed second half to strengthen defensively
Bent 8: looks quality. Scored his goal, held up the ball and always made the right decision

Subs
Gardner 4: should not of come on instead of Ince
Ince 5 does his job well
Colunga 3 should have taken on the defender when one on one

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
Forster-Caskey 7.89 (96mins, 9 votes)
Stockdale 7.89 (96mins, 9 votes)