Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doom Distraction - Hotpoint WT640G Washing Machine Filter

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The online manual helpfully talks about turning the filter anti clockwise and hey presto. Not a chance. Anyone have one of those "obvious" tips please for cleaning the f...... Thing, please!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Last time cost me £80 and, according to Mrs OW, the guy just wiggled the filter and out it came. Although she didn't see what he actually did!

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
The online manual helpfully talks about turning the filter anti clockwise and hey presto. Not a chance. Anyone have one of those "obvious" tips please for cleaning the f...... Thing, please!

I had the same issue, turned out a coin was wedged in and making it impossible to turn. So I had to unplug & disconnect it all & turn it on its back so the door was facing up. Hey presto coin moved & filter opened. Caused a bit of mess but had to be done.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
We have a Hotpoint and it takes a little bit of persistance to get the filter off, eventually it will give but do put an old towel or blanket underneath the machine as there will be water and gunk that comes out once you have opened it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Like the thinking, like the thinking. Fairly sure this'll be a coin .... or two!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We have a Hotpoint and it takes a little bit of persistance to get the filter off, eventually it will give but do put an old towel or blanket underneath the machine as there will be water and gunk that comes out once you have opened it.

Once you've turned it anti clockwise do you just tug it forwards?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Thank you worked like a dream, that's a pint I owe you!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Do'h, I'll get it off again now and do that, so if I call the wife and just say "Grab some Vaseline love, I've a quick job to do when I get back" all should be OK?

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Do'h, I'll get it off again now and do that, so if I call the wife and just say "Grab some Vaseline love, I've a quick job to do when I get back" all should be OK?

You could phrase it slightly differently....'darling if you bring a jar of Vaseline home with you I have a surprise' However this may, or may not, make your Christmas!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You could phrase it slightly differently....'darling if you bring a jar of Vaseline home with you I have a surprise' However this may, or may not, make your Christmas!

Seriously, you need to better know Mrs OW, that would lead to a locked door and snarling dogs, so not a super Christmas! :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here