Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are going down aren't we?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
So waking up on Xmas day to the fact we have won just 3 league games all season, and the club hierarchy seemingly paralysed and blind to the crisis we find ourselves in I can't see any other outcome if the status quo remains.

It would take a complete turnaround of unprecedented proportions to see us pull ourselves out of and away from the bottom 3 now, the manager will need to undergo a form of personality and skills transplant, we will need to sign at least 5-6 quality experienced players and the team will need to discover some strength and backbone from somewhere!

Being in the bottom 3 at Xmas generally is a good indicator that you will be there or thereabouts come April. This club needs to wake the f#ck up and realise the disaster unfolding before our eyes.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
At this rate yes but there's still time to change it Come on Bloom

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
After reading we will be halfway through. If something doesn't change then yes. We are 4 points adrift and its slowly growing.
Blackpool look all but done
Wigan also seem to be struggling a lot as are we.
Problem is all the teams above us seem to be able to grind out the odd win whilst we grind out draws

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
A few weeks ago I'd have said there's no chance of Brighton going down. But after seeing how devoid of creativity and spark they were against Millwall last week and given that they have won just 1 match from over one third of a season's fixtures, I do fear for them. The performances at the AMEX are especially alarming. What should be a fortress seems to be anything but. Addressing this in the second half of the season I feel will be absolutely key to Brighton's chances of staying up.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Too little too late. Down we go. Least I can buy that new sofa with the season tix money i save.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
My heart says 'of course we will beat the drop'. My head, and my eyes, say 'not a chuffing chance'. Its going to need a turn around of epic proportions. And I don't use the word epic lightly as it usually makes me cringe.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bloom's taken too long to act and we're going down. Hope that he can cover the 10 million loss upon relegation.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
After reading we will be halfway through. If something doesn't change then yes. We are 4 points adrift and its slowly growing.
Blackpool look all but done
Wigan also seem to be struggling a lot as are we.
Problem is all the teams above us seem to be able to grind out the odd win whilst we grind out draws

Good points there and the word change stands out to me. it doesnt look likely that the manager or club management are going to change so the only realistic change we can make is via the transfer market in January. We really are going to have to pull some top quality signings out of the bag but I fear with our recruitment setup and being in the relegation zone it will severely hamper our efforts and could prove almost impossible to get the right players in. i admire the blind optimism of some people alas I really do fear we are mired in an unsalvagable situation now, we should have acted weeks ago before it got to this stage.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Unless we can bring in an astute tactitian...and find a way of actually linking midfield with attack then absolutely we are going down. We also need to learn how to bring back the winning mentality we had under Oscar. Yes the football was dull at times, but at least we knew how to grind out a result...we look clueless once we go in front!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Four points adrift, and the goalkeeper says "we are not in a relegation fight".

Maybe the players have already been instructed that they are to take the team down, and therefore Stockers is right, because they are NOT fighting, and so they are not in a fight.

They're certainly playing like they're not in a fight.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Good points there and the word change stands out to me. it doesnt look likely that the manager or club management are going to change so the only realistic change we can make is via the transfer market in January. We really are going to have to pull some top quality signings out of the bag but I fear with our recruitment setup and being in the relegation zone it will severely hamper our efforts and could prove almost impossible to get the right players in. i admire the blind optimism of some people alas I really do fear we are mired in an unsalvagable situation now, we should have acted weeks ago before it got to this stage.

Pretty much this.

Another point is we could wrap up our January transfer business and then come the start of Feb, be 10-12 points adrift, who knows.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here