Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
stockdale-191214-l229-2153682_478x359.jpg

David Stockdale
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 20th December 2014
by Mollie Bennett
There weren’t many fans at the game last week and we want to resurrect the spirit that was there last year and get the fans back"
David Stockdale

Brighton & Hove Albion goalkeeper David Stockdale wants to win the fans back and reinstall last season’s positive spirit ahead of today’s clash with Wolves.
The stopper believes the players have to put Albion’s lowly position right and show the fans what they can do starting with the clash at the Molineux.
*“There weren’t many fans at the game last week and we want to resurrect the spirit that was there last year and get the fans back.
“We see Wolves as a game to rally the troops and show the fans that we’re working hard to get out of it and everybody is doing what they can.
“We realise we shouldn’t be where we are but we’re the only ones who can get ourselves out of it.
“We’re going to try as hard as we can, not only for the fans and club but for the gaffer as well because we all believe in him.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Stockdale went onto admit how the players have already set the bar they need to reach with performances earlier in the season
“One of the best games I’ve been involved in was the first half at Leeds and we’ve set the bar now.
“We know we can do it as it was there for all to see and hopefully, we can do that again in the coming weeks.
“We’re concerned about how things are going but there’s not even talk of relegation because I know we’re good enough to be challenging at the top.
“In the changing room I can’t tell you how together we all are, we’ve had meetings among ourselves because as players we feel we need to take more responsibility.
“We’re at the nearly point and the strength of the squad and team spirit will come through in the end.
“We’ve got a bit between our teeth now and Wolves are a very good team but we’ve pinpointed a few things and if we play our game plan I’m pretty sure we can come away with a good result.”[h=3]ALBION V REading
[/h]FRIDAY 26TH DECember, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h]saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here