Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "we're going to beat Wolves tomorrow" Friday night drinking thread

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm am now halfway through a Maredsous Tripel as a livener.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
San Miguel and a chinese....I know how to live.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Currently a lovely ale called partizan citric I found few weeks ago and then it's another night on the tiles so god knows!

Jäger cap needs implemented if I'm getting up for wolves

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Kumala Reserve Malbec. First glass. I'm suspicious because Argentinians should do Malbec and Saffies Pinotage. I'm not suspicious enough not to drink it, obvs.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
After a couple of Harvey's at the newly reopened 'Bevy' I've just cracked open a distant vines Pinot Grigio while cooking dinner. drinkable, as a bonus it's an English wine and only £4 a bottle.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For the first time in about 4-5 years I really feel apathetic about tomorrow's result.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
First glass of a '90 Hermitage La Chapelle, while waiting for my spare ribs to finish cooking.

Tomorrow? Meh - somewhat apathetic if I'm honest.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Started with a Hepworths (a better local than Harveys....discuss..) Old Ale. It's New Zealand Pinot Noir (Hawkes Bay..cos thats where my Uncle..Former Bosun and North Stand legend Greg Ellison now lives). I wish to be comfortably numb for the 15.00PM torture tomorrow.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Kumala Reserve Malbec. First glass. I'm suspicious because Argentinians should do Malbec and Saffies Pinotage. I'm not suspicious enough not to drink it, obvs.

Kumala is a s*it brand. Dan Aitch has identified one of the best, although I prefer Torres.
I'm finishing off a glass of Pinot Blanc from the other night, will move on to some Gewurz to have with a deconstructed fish dopiaza (it's delicious if anyone wants the recipe), and then on to some claret with the cheese.
If you think I sound decadent, check out Goldstone 1976 who has revealed that he's tucking into a £100+ bottle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here