Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would change *your* mind?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Yes, yes - it's another thread about Sami. It's one specific question though...

Over several threads the question is asked - when will Tony change his mind and fire Sami? Will it be after Wolves? Will it be at the end of the year, or when we're bottom of the league in January?

Question here - what would it take to change *YOUR* mind and make you believe that he is the right man?

It seems Gordon Greer's words in the Argus have (unsurprisingly) brought many people over to Sami's side. What about if we beat Wolves? What about if we pick up 6/9 points in the next 2/3 games and are clear of the bottom three at 31st December? Would it take a "proper" turnaround that sees us climb right up the table to mid-table safety? Or even if we pull off a Crystal Palace 2003/4 type miracle (relegation threatened at Christmas then promoted via play-offs) would you still want a new man in for next year?

Of course, this is all entirely hypothetical - I don't think any of that will actually happen - but if we're going to ask what it will take for Bloom to change his mind, I think it's fair to answer the question ourselves...

Personally I want Sami out as much as anyone else (as I say, I don't believe we will improve under him) and even one convincing win at Wolves wouldn't change that - but if we picked up 7 of the 9 points available in December I'd probably start to reconsider...

(I'm going to get accused of working for the club for writing this, aren't I? :rolleyes: )

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
(I'm going to get accused of working for the club for writing this, aren't I? :rolleyes: )

Well, the alternative is being accused of being a Palace plant, so count your blessings...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here