Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom reassures Sami

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This strikes me as a sly way of having a dig at Bloom by just making sure that fans know that he's sodding off when the going is tough.

Sly dig by whom?

That line is Andy Naylor's, rather than the poster's.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The irony is that he is right, and it has made the Sami out voices shout louder, so guess the ends justifies his means.

Hardly - his aim as a Palace troll is to encourage support for (Agent) Sami to stay in the job for as long as possible.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Have I ever got involved in "little jests" in well over ten years of posting on NSC?

At an average of less than 2 posts every month over that time, it would be problematic at best.

And with a massive 4 today so far, Mr Putdown should have a lie-down.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That line is Andy Naylor's, rather than the poster's.

Yes, I know - that's what I meant.

AN seems to have been quite protective of Hyypia whilst not being shy about criticising player recruitment, in which Tony Bloom plays a part.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
This strikes me as a sly way of having a dig at Bloom by just making sure that fans know that he's sodding off when the going is tough.

How else do you want it worded?

"Albion chairman Tony Bloom reassured under-fire boss Sami Hyypia about his future before jetting off to Australia."

Seems pretty factually accurate to me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How else do you want it worded?

"Albion chairman Tony Bloom reassured under-fire boss Sami Hyypia about his future before jetting off to Australia."

Seems pretty factually accurate to me.

Of course it's factually accurate - I'd not suggested otherwise.

It just struck me that a point of the article was as much to make sure everyone knew Bloom was disappearing when the Albion were going through bad times.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Haha. Palace Troll with anti albion agenda tries to desparately put the case for failure manager to stay.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Of course it's factually accurate - I'd not suggested otherwise.

It just struck me that a point of the article was as much to make sure everyone knew Bloom was disappearing when the Albion were going through bad times.

I think you're over thinking it TBH. It seemed a perfectly reasonable statement to me. If we were top of the league by twenty points Bloom would have probably still had a quiet word with his manager before jetting off - like he does every year.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's groundhog day again, the same old arguments going round and round.

Bottom line is that Hyypia so far has proved himself an ineffective manager (rendered polite) and the club hierarchy won't budge from the party line of backing their men (Burke and Hyypia). We've reached stalemate. I've decided that I'm going to try and remain patient and hope for an upturn in results/recruitment.

I'm disappointed and angry with how this season is going, but I'm keeping the faith (with difficulty!).

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
That "oh shit, why did I register with an email address that directly links to Facebook that shows me in a Palace shirt, as well as to my small business that includes my home address and telephone number" moment.

Keep checking the thread to see how bad it gets.

View attachment 61028

Hmmm... Bad news is that the email address no longer directly links to FB. The good news is that I clocked it before he managed to unlink it.

tsk tsk...some people are soooo stupid. Palace fans particularly so. Think his workplace would like a skip on Monday?

lenny

Jul 19, 2005
BEXHILL-ON-SEA
The fate of our season now depends heavily on the January transfer window. There will be a lot of comings and goings and notably Mackail-Smith and O'Grady will be gone hopefully with decent transfer fees. However, Tony Bloom will have to be prepared to splash the money to get in decent players. Players that Hyppia wants and not those that idiot Burke recruits. We also need players who are going to give 100% to this club and not fancy dans on short term loans

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Substancial funds in Janurary?

If we'd spent substantial funds in August we wouldn't be in this mess.

Not so sure about that, we'd still have Hyppia in charge...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'd agree with this too, which was the point of my "Tuesday new emotion" thread and how the anger of the weekend dissipated as the week went on. NSC's analytics illustrate this...

Fri - 194,900 pageviews
Sat - 226,258 page views
Sun - 177,931 page views
Mon - 200,492 page views
Tue - 141,255 page views
Wed - 112,839 page views
Thu - 110,639 page views

This is interesting. I have to confess I was late into the anti-Hyypia camp, but I'm firmer there now. I'm also firmer of the view that recruitment over the summer was disastrous, and especially in two respects:
-- massive squad turnovers in all probability lead to decline, whether temporary or longer-term (compare our current squad with the 2012/13 one: there are only about eight remaining, and many of those are ex-DS)
-- the quality of signings was extremely poor, especially when compared with those outgoing (we've lost Barnes, Bridcutt, Upson, Ulloa and Buckley for starters in the last year)
The claims that Bloom is going to spend big in January seems to recognise this, which leads to the question: why wait until now, especially when the prior line was that the summer transfer window is always better than the January one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The longer this crap is allowed to go on, the more humiliating the climbdown by the board is going to be. And no amount of spin will be able to put a credible positive slant on it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here