Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom reassures Sami

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
According to Andy Naylor in the Argus:

Albion chairman Tony Bloom reassured under-fire boss Sami Hyypia about his future before jetting off to Australia.
The pair spoke in the wake of last Friday's 1-0 defeat by Millwall at the Amex, when Hyypia was barracked by fans.

It was Bloom's last game before his annual winter migration.
Hyypia revealed: "He has said pretty much the same things, that I have their backing, his backing and the Board's backing.

My view is that Tony Bloom has had a pretty good week despite the result against Millwall. In the face of a frenzied campaign by a group of supporters he has backed his manager and made it clear that HE makes the decision at this football club. He has made a decision about appointed a manager and he is man enough to back it up with substantial funs for players in the January window and will back the manager for the season despite some worries about relegation. He has made clear that he sees Sami being here for years and I am sure that Sami will repay his loyalty.

There will still be a group off supporters who will call for the manager to be sacked - the same people did it against Oscar and Gus too . Some of them even come on to sites like this and proclaim that they want the opposition to win!!!! (I have no idea what warped logic they are using). On these sites they do have a disproportionate influence and can make it look like they are in the majority but I don't believe that - the vast majority of Albion supporters want the team to win, want Sami to turn things around and are HAPPY with the job that Tony Bloom is doing for us.

I WANT ALBION TO WIN. I WANT SAMI TO SUCCEED.

Is anyone else going to stand up and support the Albion?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
As much as I have serious doubts about Sami's abilities, I'll back Bloom's judgement. This is the man who has pumped £200m+ of his own money in to the club that runs fast within his veins and which he continues to bankroll to the tune of £8m+ per season.

Do I want us to get relegated? Of course not, but Bloom, like most of us, is here for the long term and I firmly believe that under his stewardship, we'll get to the promised land.

In Bloom We Trust

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Albion chairman Tony Bloom reassured under-fire boss Sami Hyypia about his future before jetting off to Australia.
The pair spoke in the wake of last Friday's 1-0 defeat by Millwall at the Amex, when Hyypia was barracked by fans.

Hyypia revealed: "He has said pretty much the same things, that I have their backing, his backing and the Board's backing.

My view is that Tony Bloom has had a pretty good week despite the result against Millwall. In the face of a frenzied campaign by a group of supporters he has backed his manager and made it clear that HE makes the decision at this football club. He has made a decision about appointed a manager and he is man enough to back it up with substantial funs for players in the January window and will back the manager for the season despite some worries about relegation. He has made clear that he sees Sami being here for years and I am sure that Sami will repay his loyalty.

There will still be a group off supporters who will call for the manager to be sacked - the same people did it against Oscar and Gus too . Some of them even come on to sites like this and proclaim that they want the opposition to win!!!! (I have no idea what warped logic they are using). On these sites they do have a disproportionate influence and can make it look like they are in the majority but I don't believe that - the vast majority of Albion supporters want the team to win, want Sami to turn things around and are HAPPY with the job that Tony Bloom is doing for us.

We'll see when we're bottom by February.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

With every post I find you to be a very strange & unconvincing poster & I know I'm not alone in this view.
I believe you to be either Palace, a bit special (in which case, carry on, I guess) or an employee, posting for the club in a very clumsy fashion.
Regards

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Disgrace. Seems to me that all Bloom wants to do at the moment is jet off to Australia for the winter. So took the easy option in keeping Hyypia. Sacking him would result in his little trip being interrupted.

I'm beginning to lose faith in Bloom if I'm honest.

albion1972

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Do you want us to be bottom by February?
Do you want us to lose at Wolves?

you are either a Palace Troll or some saddo sent here by the club to post . Dont come on here preaching your holy than holy shit.We dont need people like you so go back to Herr Barber and report most TRUE albion fans are really pissed off

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
With every post I find you to be a very strange & unconvincing poster & I know I'm not alone in this view.
I believe you to be either Palace, a bit special (in which case, carry on, I guess) or an employee, posting for the club in a very clumsy fashion.
Regards

Incredible - the thought never even crossed your mind that some people may actually back the Albion through thick and thin.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seems fitting that a poster named after a former palace player and manager is so pro-Sami :lolol:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
yeh ...that's all well and good but sami needs a no.2 a lot better than no mark jones....there you go he's got his badge....la la la la la la la.......he has no experience at this level and quite frankly i think the players are of the opinion that he is beneath them.....someone had to say it........you dont set off to climb ben nevis with a penguin and a packet of wotsits...do ya...??

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Do you want us to be bottom by February?
Do you want us to lose at Wolves?

Of course not. You're missing the point by a country mile. People are anti-Sami because they DON'T want us to lose. Even with your whole less than a month's NSC experience you must understand that surely?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

I have supported them have since the early 70's. I didn't want either Gus or Oscar out and I have no problem with Bloom, Barber or even Burke. I want Sami out though. The shambles that we are currently enduring has been well documented elsewhere. Suffice to say I support the club, always have, always will. I would wager a significant bet that I have seen more games than 90% of people on here etc etc.

Supporting the Manager and supporting the club. The two things are not entwined. I want Hyypia out because I think he's not up to the job and because I support the Albion and want the best for them...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Incredible - the thought never even crossed your mind that some people may actually back the Albion through thick and thin.

Is it hard to ride such a high horse whilst at the same time keeping your head up your a**e?

Listen, if you're going to troll this place, up your game a bit. Some of us have seen it all before.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

That's exactly what the rest of us are doing.
I'll be there, as always, to support the team for 90 minutes, backing the Albion. Which also, between games includes speaking out when things are spiralling out of control & doesn't necessarily mean agreeing with everything said & done by the club.
We've learnt that over the years

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
Of course I want us to win. But all your postings smell of a club mole or a Palace troll.

Good to have you on board supporting the Albion tomorrow!

This really is the 'Through the looking glass' world of NSC, where if anyone backs the team, or the manager or the chairman that they are a Palace Troll or worst still that are a 'club mole' (presumably gathering information for Barber's secret police/stewards).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here