share on Facebook
on Twitter
on Google+
email
(10) comments
print
First published 1 hour ago in Albion
by Andy Naylor, Chief sports reporter

Albion chairman Tony Bloom reassured under-fire boss Sami Hyypia about his future before jetting off to Australia.

The pair spoke in the wake of last Friday's 1-0 defeat by Millwall at the Amex, when Hyypia was barracked by fans.

It was Bloom's last game before his annual winter migration.

Hyypia revealed: "He has said pretty much the same things, that I have their backing, his backing and the Board's backing.

"I have said before as well that I maybe don't need him to say that because when I am in this position I know I have the backing and if the backing is not going to be there then I won't be sitting here. For me it's as simple as that."

Hyypia, awarded a three-year contract when he was appointed in the summer, considered his own position following the Millwall result and the abuse he received.

He said: "In these kind of periods you always think about things. You think about your own performance and if you have done enough, absolutely everything in your power to change things.

"Of course, that has crossed my mind as well. Am I in the right position? But I'm still here and I will be at least until tomorrow!"

Third-bottom Albion go to mid-table Wolves tomorrow with an unchanged and makeshift squad still missing captain Gordon Greer (knee), striker Sam Baldock (thigh) and several other key long-term injury victims.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Doesn't really mean anything does it. As he himself says he has Bloom's backing right until he doesn't.

Failure to win at least one of the next three must see him go.

Dec 29, 2011
I still partly blame our physio team. We seem to have had loads of long term injuries since we've moved to the Amex, and even Orlandi said a wrong diagnosis by a physio set him back 2-3 months when he was with us.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Orlandi said a wrong diagnosis by a physio set him back 2-3 months when he was with us.

How many games has he played for Blackpool this year?

Total sicknote, we made the right call. He also made the complaints about the Brighton medical team, whilst he was looking for a contract. I'd take them with a pinch of salt.

albionite

May 20, 2009
The more the useless Finn keeps losing more of the fans will turn on the board.

Maybe they know what they are doing and Sami is about to take us on a winning streak with flair and style, but I've seen nothing to suggest that if anything we have been getting worse since Rotherham.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How many games has he played for Blackpool this year?

Total sicknote, we made the right call. He also made the complaints about the Brighton medical team, whilst he was looking for a contract. I'd take them with a pinch of salt.

He'd make a good signing for Arsenal, they normally have 40% of their midfield injured at any one time.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He must be laughing, seemingly the only manager who isn't judged by what happens on the field.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The whole thing is completely insane. Tomorrow reminds me of Hinshelwood's last game, Watford away - a complete dead rubber which we will almost certainly lose, probably heroically/unluckily. Except I'm not going and Hyypia won't go afterwards.

el punal

Doesn't really mean anything does it. As he himself says he has Bloom's backing right until he doesn't.

Failure to win at least one of the next three must see him go.

There will come a time when, however much faith you put in your manager, the day of reckoning will be here. At the moment Tony Bloom has backed Sami Hyypia, maybe thinking that there are still 25 league games to go and we're only 3 points adrift from the teams above us. If that 3 points gap widens action will need to be taken ASAP.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I still partly blame our physio team. We seem to have had loads of long term injuries since we've moved to the Amex, and even Orlandi said a wrong diagnosis by a physio set him back 2-3 months when he was with us.

Maybe time to look t the turf again, it probably grows quite quickly in the damp warm winters we've been having especially nestling under the Downs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pah we've had an amazing come back from 12 behind at Christmas before, being 3 points behind with 25 to go is nothing to panic about unless you are a bedwetter. :rolleyes:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here