Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA vote for full disclosure

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30546139

Fifa committee 'votes for full Garcia report publication'

Fifa's executive committee has voted unanimously for the full publication of Michael Garcia's report into World Cup corruption, according to sources close to world football's governing body.
It is understood the committee would want the full details to be released "where legally possible and after current investigations are completed".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A full publication but 90% will be redacted for legal reasons :lol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30546139

Fifa committee 'votes for full Garcia report publication'

Fifa's executive committee has voted unanimously for the full publication of Michael Garcia's report into World Cup corruption, according to sources close to world football's governing body.
It is understood the committee would want the full details to be released "in a way that doesn't implicate any members of FIFA".

Corrected for you.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
This, it will merely raise more questions until it is fully released.

Could be a good thing.

The more FIFA **** things up in regards to this report, the more their reputation is damaged, the more chance there is of one of the big footballing nations pulling out.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Fifa executives have unanimously agreed to publish a "legally appropriate version" of a disputed report into allegations of World Cup bidding corruption, the BBC has learnt.

They agreed to release the full 430-page Michael Garcia report into the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments.

The report will only be made public after current investigations into five individuals is completed, and is expected to be heavily redacted to protect witness confidentiality.

The move to release the report represents a change in policy after Fifa originally refused pressure from Garcia himself and others to reveal his findings.

Garcia resigned on Wednesday after his appeal against a summary of his report by his fellow Fifa ethics committee chairman Hans-Joachim Eckert was dismissed.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Still clauses and caveats attached to the disclosure which will give the crook Blatter and his parasites some wiggle room to maneuver and spin. I have nothing but utter vitriol and contempt for that bunch of fraudulent criminals.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
What i dont get is that in an investigation about corruption what is the point in redacting and sanitising the report?! This gives FIFA another few months whilst the report is diluted and no doubt in that time more delaying tactics and excuses will be found. I fully expect the next excuse will be it can't be released while the decision is made about its leadership, i.e Will quntface Blatter stand or not and regardless a long drawn out 'voting' procedure will then take place, and so it will drag on....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's pointless ! if we get " X offered Y @@@@ and ******* to the +++++++ comimttee member while performing #### ### using a Dyson on ^^^^^^^. " then what have we learned ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Until such a time that the report is released, and Michael Garcia says that it is the full report that has been released, save some necessary changes to protect witnesses, then it hasn't been released, and I'm going to continue to assume it won't be.

Moving on...

What can we, the fans, do about FIFA?

I suggest we try and find a way to unite with our fellow fans across the water, fans from Germany, to the USA, to Australia, such that there's worldwide momentum for some of us to leave this corrupt organisation.

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What i dont get is that in an investigation about corruption what is the point in redacting and sanitising the report?! This gives FIFA another few months whilst the report is diluted and no doubt in that time more delaying tactics and excuses will be found. I fully expect the next excuse will be it can't be released while the decision is made about its leadership, i.e Will quntface Blatter stand or not and regardless a long drawn out 'voting' procedure will then take place, and so it will drag on....

Wouldn't surprise me if those named as suspect in the report were to try to challenge this legally and try to prevent its publication in order to protect their reputations.

Also if there may be Police charges arising from this, would FIFA be allowed to release it because it could be argued that they then won't recieve a fair trial? (unless that is their angle in trying to avoid any possible charges)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There is no way that this will be anything other than heavily redacted - the use of the phrase 'where legally possible' is enough to tell us this. Unfortunately this is enough to buy FIFA a few more months, or maybe even years, before major playing FAs such as England, Germany and the US can justifiably get their act together to propose the formation a new transparent governing body.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here