Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Staying overnight in Wolverhampton

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
I'm glad that my family live 20 miles away, so when I go up I don't have to stay in Wolves...

As for match day, the away pub always used to be The Walkabout on Queen Street. This pub has changed name this year to The Stone House. It is more of a nightclub, but I believe is still the place to go.
Unfortunately, since a few of our fans have over the years given us a bad name, all the other pubs in Wolverhampton are home fans only. Nearly all the local pubs to the ground will insist on seeing a "home" ticket to the ground before allowing you in, even if you are wearing a Wolves Shirt! It's a shame as I've drunk in many "home" bars, including Brighton with no problems. We had great fun with the Crawley fans last year sharing a drink in the car park.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I've spent half my life regularly travelling to Wolverhampton and I like to think I know a fair amount about where to go and what to do.

My advice? Go to Birmingham.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Someone else said don't...don't...There is a nice hotel between Wolves and Walsall on the M6 junction, can't remember what it's called. Willenhall is the biggest dump I have ever been in, do not enter...

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Stayed there a few times for work and have never found a decent boozer. One of the locals recommended the Tipton Pie Factory because you get your dinner served "on a shovel"; I didn't bother.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Strange how we can be affected by an irrational fear. Back in the 70's In my Olive green Levi Staypressed, I made it with a girl from Wolves and later noticed she had a cigarette burned tattoo on her arm saying " Zeb ". I asked about it and she told me it was her boyfriend who was the leader of the North Bank at Wolves. I still feel a little worried if I'm anywhere near Wolverhampton just in case 44 years later somehow Zeb is still lurking somewhere waiting for .me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here