Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tapatalk Warning

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If you haven't downloaded the most recent Tapatalk update, for God's sake please don't.

I'm stuck with it as I had to download it from scratch onto my new phone and it is borderline unusable compared to how it was before, as evidenced by the universally crap recent reviews on the Google Play store.

You have been warned.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thanks for the warning Frutos, will make sure I don't sleepily press update when it flashes up next.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm still using the new version as I'm too lazy to roll it back but I do have to agree, it's absolutely changed for the worse.

Thinking about it, this isn't the fitst time it's happened either...they seem to dislike just sticking with one look/theme.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Apart from having to hit FOUR buttons (21st problem), I'm extremely irked at having ads appear on something I paid for. I've put it in their reviews/feedback but I think it's been lost amongst the huge amount of complaints. Still better than trying to view the actual website though.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
The new version is utter utter tonk. Agree with all of you on this one. The user experience has hit zero for me, thread pictures, thread titles on the right, poor topic review, always starts at the front page not NSC and many more irksome issues.

Garbage, utter utter garbage.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
I have no idea why companies keep doing this, pushing these updates on us that are a completely backwards step, Flipboard's last refresh was just awful, facebook app is a constant sham of updates, now tapatalk. It's like they do zero user testing at all. They have an excellent product but seem to want to justify their existence by constantly tweaking with them.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Thanks to Frutos for the download link. Anyone know how to stop it automatically updating to the new, crap, version again? Thanks
Go into the Google Play store and find the My Apps list.

Click into the Tapatalk one and there should be an option in the top right-hand corner that you can uncheck to stop it auto-updating.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seems ok for me on iPhone still - I use it all the time. I'm not sure when it last updated as my phone does it automatically.

On the ads - I've enabled them as NSC gets a share of the income. It's not much relative to the Google ads we have, but it all helps.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I could have done this warning a week previously, Mr Frutos! But I am using it as a means to stop browsing NSC on my phone. It's now a rubbish and poorly presented app. They've done very well to go so wrong, so quickly. Poor effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here