Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Apple and Broken Promises - Panorama

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It all comes down to unit cost, but at what human price ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A great cost it seems. Meanwhile, $8.5bn profit for the 2014 quarter.

.....combined with clever dispersal to minimise tax no doubt. But, Apple are probably no worse than Nike, Coca Cola etc etc.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
....and I feel really smug that I personally have never owned or even used an apple product.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
.....combined with clever dispersal to minimise tax no doubt. But, Apple are probably no worse than Nike, Coca Cola etc etc.

Oh absolutely. They are all at it.

....and I feel really smug that I personally have never owned or even used an apple product.

The replacement product most likely bears the same hallmarks.

Great to see them attack Apple, but it would be nice for a Naomi Klein type exposure of them all.

The consumers don't help.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
one word...GREED like so many businesses these days.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Bloody terrible what's going on when you think about it

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've always found brand loyalty a very very odd thing.

To be defined by what you buy.

I once found myself in a "brand awareness" training session, albeit with a huge hangover. I was asked a particular international brand (not the company I was working at) and what feelings it gave me. For some reason I blurted out "human rights abuses". Whoops.

I love the effect of other people I observe of people with hangovers in meetings, particularly when the sickness has gone in the afternoon and it turns into that "couldn't give a f***" attitude. Best observered on a Friday before Christmas post Thursday night party.

D

Deleted member 22389

Lots of companies use cheap labour not just Apple, this is what happens when you lose your manufacturing base. The amount of money Apple, they could easily afford to bring manufacturing back to the US, but the people at the top are just greedy like every other single company. Making billions of pounds of year is simply not enough for them.

If I had the choice I would rather pay a bit more for my technology in the knowledge that the product was being manufactured in the UK, it employed British people who earned proper money, had good working conditions and was of benefit to the British economy. This country like every other country has sold out and thrown in the towel.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] #hypocrite :smile:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I love the effect of other people I observe of people with hangovers in meetings, particularly when the sickness has gone in the afternoon and it turns into that "couldn't give a f***" attitude. Best observered on a Friday before Christmas post Thursday night party.

With you on that, can result in some real 'if only you'd been there...' moments.

It doesn't need to be hangover related though, I find the same thing happens if it happens to be the last day before a break/extended weekend or if, for whatever reason, the individual believes that they're not gong to be punished.

Essentially; demob happy + dull work meeting = brilliance.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not often said but has to be acknowledged.

I'm with Samsung and they presumably carry out the same practice. It is very difficult, it seems, to shop ethically when it comes to electronics.

Do I need a smartphone and tablet? Probably not. I'm to blame as well.

The same goes for simple things like milk. Supermarkets use super low prices to attract customers with scant regard to the producer.

We shouldn't all earn the same, but there needs to be a re-balance globally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here