Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Putting Sammi back in your good books.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's fair to say Sammi has rightly got some flack on here in recent weeks. Notwithstanding the seeming improbability of this, but would Sammi steering us to a comfortable mid table position put you back in his good books, or would more be needed to repair this rift with the fans?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It's fair to say Sammi has rightly got some flack on here in recent weeks. Notwithstanding the seeming improbability of this, but would Sammi steering us to a comfortable mid table position put you back in his good books, or would more be needed to repair this rift with the fans?

I bet you clap the away attendance?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Only if he claps the fans after games

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
My answer is a very definite NO. He has got us to where we are now by the worst possible use of our (admittedly limited) resources. Getting us to mid table will only serve to highlight where we could have been if he hadn't screwed the first half of our season. Not sure I can ever forgive him for what we've been through.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I dont but what has that got to do with this thread?

Everything. You are too soft. The flak he has received so far has actually been rather pathetic. It's hes job to win the fans over now and not the other way round. Had enough of going to the Amex and showing support only to be seriously let down time and time again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Loving the circular nature of NSC at the moment.

Play and lose on Saturday - NSC melts through to Monday.
Tuesday & Wednesday - Calmer but still down.
Thursday through to 2pm Saturday - as positive as it can get.
Team announced - here we go again.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
My answer is a very definite NO. He has got us to where we are now by the worst possible use of our (admittedly limited) resources. Getting us to mid table will only serve to highlight where we could have been if he hadn't screwed the first half of our season. Not sure I can ever forgive him for what we've been through.

100% this.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Everything. You are too soft. The flak he has received so far has actually been rather pathetic. It's hes job to win the fans over now and not the other way round. Had enough of going to the Amex and showing support only to be seriously let down time and time again.
100% this. Our fan base is soft as shite! - no other club supporters would have put up with the dreadful crap being served up week in week out - if we lose as we expect on Saturday and if Sami is still there on Boxing day then I would expect the fans to show their anger - not holding my breath though.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I think realistically with losing players in the summer, and having a weaker team than the last two seasons, many thought mid table was about our level this season. How many players and loans were Sami's choice.
So in the position we are now, mid table would mean we have an exciting second half of the season......so the rift could be repaired.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
The problem is if and a big if we got a couple of results only then to resume back to our current form and then left it to late to survive in the championship
#BinTheFin ...NOW.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I think realistically with losing players in the summer, and having a weaker team than the last two seasons, many thought mid table was about our level this season. How many players and loans were Sami's choice.
So in the position we are now, mid table would mean we have an exciting second half of the season......so the rift could be repaired.

The squad at Sami's disposal is not as strong as in previous seasons which is why nobody is expecting top 6. I honestly believe that if Sami had last years squad that did finish 6th we would still be scrapping around at the bottom. The Finn is absolutely clueless tactically. The midfield against Millwall last Friday was a total shambles in terms of shape.

I worry that he will be given an opportunity to strengthen the squad in January but we will still play the same disjointed football but by that time it will be too late to do much about it.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
It's a lot, lot deeper than Sami. Feel a tad sorry for the bloke.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
If SH could take us to mid table, then I would be more than happy for him to stay. It would show a massive amount of managerial talent to turn our season around. I just can't see it happening.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's a lot, lot deeper than Sami. Feel a tad sorry for the bloke.

I agree.

To answer the OP's question, the only positive way forward for the manager and the individuals above him would be something like this:

Manager realises that most of his squad are uncommitted, particularly but not only the loan players. He gets support from Barber for a much tougher disciplinary regime.

Manager demands Burke's head on a plate if he is to stay, and again Barber and Bloom back him.

Burke is replaced by a sound, experienced father-figure ex-manager with an English-sounding name, such as Steve Coppell or, I don't know, Paul Jewell.

Chairman promises serious backing in the window.

It all sounds a bit pie in the sky but unless Tony Bloom fires Sami I can't see what other options he's got. Who knows, the team might even drag itself mid-tablewards if it did happen. Even that wouldn't in itself convince me about Sami and it certainly wouldn't convince me about the management strategy of Messrs Bloom and Barber and the Board but I can see no other way forward. (If it happened then Barber might, of course, claim the credit. This would thoroughly confuse his apologists on NSC, who keep telling us that he has very little influence over footballing matters.)

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Just found the "Argus" at the time Sami was appointed, full of rave support from Lawro and other former Liverpool colleagues for Sami. But Sammy Lee didn't seem to feel the same keenness to work alongside the Flying Finn did he?
The point is if Sami gets the bullet soon, he will have a long hard job to get a senior job elsewhere in football after being turned over in Germany and then England.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Loving the circular nature of NSC at the moment.

Play and lose on Saturday - NSC melts through to Monday.
Tuesday & Wednesday - Calmer but still down.
Thursday through to 2pm Saturday - as positive as it can get.
Team announced - here we go again.

Not me Mr Stat. Im still FUMING from Friday.

I will NEVER forgive. I will NEVER forget.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here