Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some advice please......

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
I am at last coming down to Brighton to see my beloved seagulls play a game, the advice I'm seeking is where to sit let me explain I've had a stroke and walk (quite well) with a stick and can manage 2/3 flights of stairs ok, I'm thinking W1F or W1G if my wife can get tickets if not where else this will probably be my only chance of seeing my team play in a long time so I would like to get the best view possible. I should also have said that I cannot stand for any length of time so I need an area where all the people stay seated (except of course when we score). thanks in advance for any advice cheers

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
East Stand Upper is 3 flights (I think?) plus an additional step for every row back you are past the 7th or so.

If you can handle that I'd really recommend the front of East Upper. Best views in the ground IMHO.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
East Stand Upper is 3 flights (I think?) plus an additional step for every row back you are past the 7th or so.

If you can handle that I'd really recommend the front of East Upper. Best views in the ground IMHO.

There are lifts to the ESU, for disabled, or lazy able bodied fans. As you say, best view in the ground

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Concur. Expensive though, but I guess cost won't be a factor if it's a special treat.

Enjoy.

:)

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
I'd concur with this.

My seat is in the Upper West - Im curious (not having sat in the Upper East) as to why the views are better from the East than the West ...? Sometimes it looks as if the East stand has the sun in their faces too...

Anyway - not getting all "my seat is better than yours" about it - just curious as to why it might be considered better from the East...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My seat is in the Upper West - Im curious (not having sat in the Upper East) as to why the views are better from the East than the West ...? Sometimes it looks as if the East stand has the sun in their faces too...

Anyway - not getting all "my seat is better than yours" about it - just curious as to why it might be considered better from the East...

A couple of reasons I prefer E3; firstly you can see the majesty of the whole West Stand behind the pitch while watching the game, also the front of the tier is closer laterally to the pitch so you're not as far 'away' (more 'hovering over' if that makes sense). It's also slightly lower so you feel closer to the action while keeping an excellent birds eye view of things.

But I loved my seat in W3 as well so there;'s not that much in it for me.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

Because you're facing the glory of the West. Waste of time sitting in the West, it's all about salivating over the imposing sight of the West.

el punal

I sit in the West Upper but decided to give the East Upper a go as a one off. The match in question was against Nottm.Forest in December (?) 2012. I've got to say the view was brilliant but . . . . the weather was atrocious it was hammering it down and blowing a gale so the rain came straight into the stand from the west. So if you're prepared to put up with that on occasions and the glare of the sun at certain at certain times then it's ok. I must admit the West stand looks mighty impressive as well from there.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Row Z across West Lower is level with the concourse

Well this sounds like the best bet to me. My season ticket is in W1G, and in my opinion offers an excellent view, not too far from the half way line, and just as importantly to you, offers easy access to and from the concourse.

The one down side is, they are the most expensive seats in the house. But still, you get what you pay for.

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
Thanks guys i'll go for the west stand if not then the the east

Cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here