Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travellers at Hove Park

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Quote in Argus 'Another mother at the camp, who did not want to be named, said: “We don’t want to be a nuisance'.

Well pay your car tax then. Argus picture shows a van BG14 LBF and a check with DVLA shows it as untaxed. Typical.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Quote in Argus 'Another mother at the camp, who did not want to be named, said: “We don’t want to be a nuisance'.

Well pay your car tax then. Argus picture shows a van BG14 LBF and a check with DVLA shows it as untaxed. Typical.

So, how do you check if a car is taxed or not without being a Rozzer or DVLA staff ?

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Go to DVLA site. All you need is car reg and make of vehicle.

Only way of checking if cars are dumped now they don't display tax discs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Go to DVLA site. All you need is car reg and make of vehicle.

Only way of checking if cars are dumped now they don't display tax discs.

Maybe the van has been dumped? It's certainly off the road.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That's quite a useful site, you can even check if your old cars are still on the road

Hadn't thought of that - sadly my first ever car seems to have gone to vehicle heaven.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Interesting that they aren't taxing their vehicles though, I wonder what the police are doing about it? Let me guess...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Don't leave a huge pile of shit there when you leave then, PLEASE?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In all seriousness, I was parked down on the seafront about to have a walk on the promenade, and the traffic warden wandered past and glanced at my windscreen and asked me why I hadn't paid yet and I said I had and he should check his link think to the computer. He did and sure enough there was my payment.

Anyway, I got into a conversation and asked him why the travellers, not all of them pixies, we're not all booked on the seafront when they were parked there for weeks at time. I was told there was no point booking them as they never paid the fines and it was too much hassle for the council to chase them up. I said that was scandalous and it was ironic as he had immediately checked mine whilst walking past! He said that although he wouldn't admit to it, they booked people they know who would probably pay the fine, not bother with anyone else!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Dob em in veggie!!!

It honestly runs out today ! However, the website says MOT's and Road Tax payments may take 5 days to show up. I will keep an eye on it though .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Would you really grass him ?

I'm not suggesting he should but if someone without an MOT hits your car then you won't be able to claim againt their insurance company as their insurance will be invalid. Bye bye no claims bonus !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Would you really grass him ?

It would depend on the neighbour being an obnoxious git I suppose.

Near us there is a family with 5 cars who has a double garage and its full of crap so they never park their cars in the garage or in the driveway as its too narrow, so the chances of parking anywhere when all their brood are strewn over is nil...and they block other people in their own drives. Had some interesting afternoons watching the drama unfold. A tow truck arrived a while ago to remove one of the cars that he had left across someone's drive and the bloke is a serious diabetic and needs access to the drive at all times as he is in and out of hospital! Ended up with the police called and WW3 nearly breaking out

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
In all seriousness, I was parked down on the seafront about to have a walk on the promenade, and the traffic warden wandered past and glanced at my windscreen and asked me why I hadn't paid yet and I said I had and he should check his link think to the computer. He did and sure enough there was my payment.

Anyway, I got into a conversation and asked him why the travellers, not all of them pixies, we're not all booked on the seafront when they were parked there for weeks at time. I was told there was no point booking them as they never paid the fines and it was too much hassle for the council to chase them up. I said that was scandalous and it was ironic as he had immediately checked mine whilst walking past! He said that although he wouldn't admit to it, they booked people they know who would probably pay the fine, not bother with anyone else!

So clamp them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here