Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lost SDU members

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Since the Facebook police deleted our Seagulls Downunder page I've spent a month trying to track down all the old members, so far, 130 have joined the new page, which still leaves 200 out there somewhere.
I really need your help, if you know any of our old members living in Austraila or New Zealand please direct them to our new page below.

https://www.facebook.com/steve.longly#!/groups/793991363994044/ You need to be logged in to Facebook to see this page as it's now a closed group page.

If your not living in either but want to see what we get up to, then your welcome to add this one.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brig...ralian-Supporters-Club/182347468450496?ref=hl

Thanks

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Why did facebook delete the old one?

They infomed me that Seagulls Downunder wasn't a proper name and as such and without warning changed it to a like page.
I lost over 300 members and over 4 years of photos and you can't even contact them.
The page is still up but it's useless, I can't message or tag anyone, create events and anybody can like it when I've spent all this time trying to keep it just for Albion fans on this side of the planet.
We already have a like page, which is my 2nd link on my opening post. To get round it I've had to create this closed group which it has to be said is not as good as an individuals page.
I had the supporters club page linked to the SDU page, it's now been linked to my private page as has the new one, 4 pages running off 1, which may sound like a good idea but it's far from it.
I wasn't the only one, they did the same to hundreds around the world, some Albion related pages are still being run this way, be warned if your doing it.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
They infomed me that Seagulls Downunder wasn't a proper name and as such and without warning changed it to a like page.
I lost over 300 members and over 4 years of photos and you can't even contact them.
The page is still up but it's useless, I can't message or tag anyone, create events and anybody can like it when I've spent all this time trying to keep it just for Albion fans on this side of the planet.
We already have a like page, which is my 2nd link on my opening post. To get round it I've had to create this closed group which it has to be said is not as good as an individuals page.
I had the supporters club page linked to the SDU page, it's now been linked to my private page as has the new one, 4 pages running off 1, which may sound like a good idea but it's far from it.
I wasn't the only one, they did the same to hundreds around the world, some Albion related pages are still being run this way, be warned if your doing it.

Arses. Time to look elsewhere for a social media site I think

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Arses. Time to look elsewhere for a social media site I think

We're about to launch our own website with membership login, this will help me with a database so this can't happen again.
I'll also be able to do email newsletters, this may also be better for events as some people don't look at Facebook for months.
I had one member last week who was gutted he'd missed our REMF match as he hadn't been on Facebook for about 6 months.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Goodnya , I've just sent a tweet out into the twittersphere

Bob Taylor ‏@BobTaylor19 2m2 minutes ago

If you know any #BHAFC fans living in Oz or NZ let them know there is a new #seagullsdownunder page on #Facebook and members have to re-join

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Goodnya , I've just sent a tweet out into the twittersphere

Bob Taylor ‏@BobTaylor19 2m2 minutes ago

If you know any #BHAFC fans living in Oz or NZ let them know there is a new #seagullsdownunder page on #Facebook and members have to re-join

Thanks Bob, appreciate all the help we can get and I've added you on Twitter.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here