Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fan banned

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
ITV have just said a Gillingham fan has been banned from all grounds for 3 years for shouting abuse at a player they didnt elaborate as to which team he was playing for other than it was against Peterbro. and whether it was racial homophobic or just abuse. What would have happened with our supporters abuse of Andy Kennedy, and now JFC or Gardner.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
ITV have just said a Gillingham fan has been banned from all grounds for 3 years for shouting abuse at a player they didnt elaborate as to which team he was playing for other than it was against Peterbro. and whether it was racial homophobic or just abuse. What would have happened with our supporters abuse of Andy Kennedy, and now JFC or Gardner.

I'd be somewhat surprised if any of our supporters were shouting racist abuse at any of those players you mentioned.

Here. A quick Google search will tell you that this bloke was being racist, and also names the player involved. You're welcome. http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/football-fan-banned-for-racial-28815/

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Interesting that the ban is for conference south and upwards. Means he can attend lower non league games where he'll be closer to the players and it'll be harder to do anything about any racist behaviour. I guess a ban would be impossible to enforce below conference south.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Interesting that the ban is for conference south and upwards. Means he can attend lower non league games where he'll be closer to the players and it'll be harder to do anything about any racist behaviour. I guess a ban would be impossible to enforce below conference south.

You want some?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Would "F*** off back to Scotland Kennedy, you useless Scottish c***" be now deemed as racist?

Back in the 1990's it was classed as constructive criticism.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Would "F*** off back to Scotland Kennedy, you useless Scottish c***" be now deemed as racist?

Back in the 1990's it was classed as constructive criticism.

I remember away at Canvey Island, some wag shouted at Jeff Minton: "F*ck off Minton you glamour P*ki". As outraged as I was at such blatant racism, it just seemed so totally absurd an insult to be taken with anything other than a supressed giggle.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I remember away at Canvey Island, some wag shouted at Jeff Minton: "F*ck off Minton you glamour P*ki". As outraged as I was at such blatant racism, it just seemed so totally absurd an insult to be taken with anything other than a supressed giggle.

Canvey Island 1995 will live with me forever, it was like a live performance of Deliverance, and nothing to do with the 90 mins football.

And of course the late, great, Tony Millard doing commentary on a minutes silence, broadcasting gold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here