Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just asking a few questions….

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
1. Is our owner a professional poker player?
2. Is it better to negotiate when you're not obviously desperate?
3. Has our club shown itself to be incredibly professional in most things it does?
4. Does our owner stand to lose a huge amount if we get relegated?
5. In the past, has the club been unwilling to communicate on certain issues?

I think the answer to those questions is YES, and therefore I think (and trust) that the right decisions are being made in a way which avoids sacking the incumbent until a decent replacement is lined up. Like Reading, albeit taking a little longer….perhaps because the other party is also a canny negotiator..?

And by the way, I know nothing!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well you hope so. But then you might have hoped that for the past few weeks.

As it stands - we're going down. The longer this goes on the greater the chance of that happening. Sami will have to be sacked because he holds the contract, and all the cards. May as well just get on with it so that a new manager has the chance to suggest/veto proposed January signings.

However, I hope your optimism is rewarded. In Tony we trust.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nope can't see it. The club (Bloom) have put their faith in Hyypia and will back him January (what they should have done with Oscar last season) and will then give him more time to get the players playing how he wants (God help them).

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why would he lose any more money if we go down? He could well lose as much as he does at the moment, but if he decides to pull in the purse strings there's no need to lose any more just because we're in L1, is there?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1. Is our owner a professional poker player?
2. Is it better to negotiate when you're not obviously desperate?
3. Has our club shown itself to be incredibly professional in most things it does?
4. Does our owner stand to lose a huge amount if we get relegated?
5. In the past, has the club been unwilling to communicate on certain issues?

I think the answer to those questions is YES, and therefore I think (and trust) that the right decisions are being made in a way which avoids sacking the incumbent until a decent replacement is lined up. Like Reading, albeit taking a little longer….perhaps because the other party is also a canny negotiator..?

And by the way, I know nothing!

After what happened with the protracted cock up over Stephen Ward, the rather strange situation surrounding Adam Clayton signing, Grabban, The Dutch full back who went to Celtic, I'd suggest the club's negotiating skills are not that great. Since Poyet left we have struggled to entice quality players what makes you think we'll entice a quality manager with the shackling that he'll have to agree to? Especially when you consider we have one foot in League 1. What if we can't get anyone better than Hyypia to come here? Would explain why he is still here...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here