Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video of the WSL incident

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Does anyone know him and what has happened.
Notice the steward through a punch when they guy is already been held...he's tough

I noticed that. Should be reported. You can't be doing that if you're a steward.

D

Deleted User X18H

Love the absolutely genius comment 'that's what happenes if you don't pay your direct debit'

Brilliant , inspired a comedic star.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Unfortunately there isn't a video of me trying to throw myself of East Upper to try to shove the Linesman's flag up his arse :eek:

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Yeah, looked at this a few times. Some observations.

1. He was clearly vexed. Fair play to the lad. By this point I was slumped in my seat shaking my head in despair.
2. very amusing listening to the crowd recorded on this video. Everyone just absolutely exasperated at the on-field tactical debacle (again)!
3. At one point he appears to be leaving peacefully but loses it completely and seemingly as a result of something that was muttered by a steward behind him.
4. The steward throws a punch for sure. Not pleasant. However, in the interest of balance the lad has completely overheated and is aggressive and threatening by this point.

It has been pointed out already but we are starting to see some things reminiscent of the Bellotti era. I must point out I do not think anyone wants this but it is real and it is symptomatic of serious structural issues being allowed to go on for too long.

For nigh on two decades we have all sung from the same hymn sheet, pulling in the same direction. Somehow, some way, the AMEX earth has wobbled on its axis. is there anyway we can pull this back. Paul B..Over to you (whilst recognising our part to play)...

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The chap was being a bit of a prune, but that's pretty poor stewarding. Did they want to restrain him or have a fight?

Remember the Sheff Wed fan who ran onto the pitch, who had marks all down his back where a steward allegedly stamped on him whilst being held down?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Remember the Sheff Wed fan who ran onto the pitch, who had marks all down his back where a steward allegedly stamped on him whilst being held down?

I do. I was a steward during my uni days and the 'minimum force' training was ridiculous - two hours of how to protect yourself and not much on how to keep everyone safe. Granted, it may have changed by now.

Having done 16 hours of Team teach - a programme on how to restrain people (aggressive children/young adults) I would be inclined to suggest the training for stewards is far from adequate.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Does the 4g data frequency reach the amex? I wouldn't mind watching matches from this perspective. I'm sure it would stream well @ 360 frames using usteam or whatever.

Pretty sure that guy attended Brighton college? Maybe Newman? I do recognize his face.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Kin ell; he's an old team mate of mine. No wonder it took a few of them. Ex kick boxer.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Yes the spat was curiously reminiscent of several in the Belotti era. It will be interesting to see how the Club react as neither the actions of the fan - or of certain stewards can be condoned.

At the time of the incident I presumed that the Club would have comprehensive CCTV footage so would be able to review the actions of both parties. Plus footage from punters phones etc.

It was one thing to have some spirited exchanges between fans in the North stand - but when it happens in such a prominent location the WSL, just behind the technical area, close to the media, just below the Directors and in front of the sponsors.

OK it's a football match and passions can get heated, so not the end of the world - but it cannot have gone down too well. Especially as the incident seemed to escalate rather than being quickly diffused. Not something you can just shrug off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here