Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long before we get back to the "good old days" quality of players at the Amex?

How quickly will we get back to the heights we reached with Poyet?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How long before we get back to the "good old days" quality of players at the Amex?

Will we be looking back on the Poyet years as the golden era for years or even decades to come or will we be back there soon?

How quickly do you think we'll get back to those dizzy heights?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Things can change very quickly in football. The club has to get the next appointment right when Hyypia is sacked(he will be i'm convinced of it very soon)

They also need to back him and allow him to run things and not Burke. It can be achieved in less than two years. Just look at Ipswich

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just watched the 3-3 Wolves video on Player. Our team that day (10/11/12) was:

Kuszczak

Bruno-Greer-Dunk-Bridge

Spanish Dave-Bridcutt-Crofts-Orlandi

Dobbie-Mackail Smith​

Subs: Ankergren, Calderon, Hammond, Dicker, Buckley, Hoskins, Barnes.

We were much stronger two years ago, must be a factor as to why Sami has failed! Lualua doesn't even make the bench, he's our best player now!

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton

Kuszczak

Bruno-Greer-Dunk-Bridge

Dobbie-Mackail Smith​

We were much stronger two years ago, must be a factor as to why Sami has failed!

i ticked within 2 years, but thats on the assumption hyypia gets the boot within the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately the longer it takes to sack him the longer it will take to amend the mess he leaves us in

Felpham Seagull

May 15, 2013
Felpham

Kuszczak

Bruno-Greer-Dunk-Bridge

Dobbie-Mackail Smith​

We were much stronger two years ago, must be a factor as to why Sami has failed! Lualua doesn't even make the bench, he's our best player now!

the only reason he has failed is he is fecking clueless get real

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are 'the good old days' the same days that the players were being slated for being sick notes, tackle shy, lazy, too old, unable to perform basic skills, and unable to pass forward?

Shame the question wasn't asked of Bloom at the recent Seagulls over London meeting - what we guess on here is less interesting

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Are 'the good old days' the same days that the players were being slated for being sick notes, tackle shy, lazy, too old, unable to perform basic skills, and unable to pass forward?

Sounds like progression :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shame the question wasn't asked of Bloom at the recent Seagulls over London meeting - what we guess on here is less interesting

"Wait until the end of the season to judge" would probably have been his rather curt response

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think everything is in place to get back to the good old days. The only thing I think we have got wrong is choice of manager. Personally, I don't have a problem with Mr Burke as my understanding is that he draws up a hit list according to what the manager requests. As I've not seen the complete lists I can't pass judgement.

Off the pitch I do believe there is more the club can do to prevent an 'us' and 'them' culture creeping in. Let's be honest, we're not in a bad shape (except for on the pitch at present), but could do better.

Assuming Sami is replaced, I think we are looking at two seasons before we might challenge again. A reach safety season this year, a rebuild season next year and then a season to challenge.

Hope I'm wrong and Sami turns it round, but I really can't see it.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton

Can you imagine what a great team that would of been if only they could do all that.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth

Kuszczak

Bruno-Greer-Dunk-Bridge

Dobbie-Mackail Smith​

I too watched and CMS scored a cracking goal.If you play to a strickers strengths then they do tend to score.Also Barnes came on as sub and played well.I wish we had his enthusiasm in some of the current players.
2 years seems an eternity at the moment.Even 1 year ago seems like the good old days.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
If we start singing "Olé, olé, olé, olé, For-ster Cas-key" then perhaps Jake will start playing like Vicente.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well we bought loads of youngsters for " the future". So I reckon we will struggle for the next 5 years until they come of age.

It's going to be a long few seasons

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Kuszczak

Bruno-Greer-Dunk-Bridge

Dobbie-Mackail Smith​

Gus was furious that we conceded 3 goals that day. Normally the team had a film in the coach, on the way back, but Gus put in a dvd of Peppa Pig.
He told them that if they played like children, they could watch a children's film.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here