Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loyalty

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Its nice in some ways that the club are backing Sammi, in the modern day game loyalty is extremely rare, it could pay off in the long run.

:bhasign:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Its nice in some ways that the club are backing Sammi, in the modern day game loyalty is extremely rare, it could pay off in the long run.

In some ways I can see where you coming from, however how 'nice' will it be playing Wycombe Wanderers at the Amex next Boxing Day?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I see it the other way. The club ignoring the fans and results.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Its not so much loyalty, its the fact the 2 managers left in 2 years and the club are worried that if we loose a 3rd in 3 years all managers will be hesitant to take a job with us. Add that to the fact that bloom doesn't want to have to pay him off, with ffp coming into it.
then there's the im the boss not you customers mind set from bloom from the crowd reaction.

i dont think its just loyalty, because sami hasn't got a proven record like some managers get sacked for. He only has looser ritten on his cv.

no im sorry its not going to magicly turn out ok for us with him in charge it just won't. We will get the odd win like we would if your mum managed the team, but ultimately we are going nowhere ( mabie down ) whilst he's in charge.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Its not so much loyalty, its the fact the 2 managers left in 2 years and the club are worried that if we loose a 3rd in 3 years all managers will be hesitant to take a job with us. Add that to the fact that bloom doesn't want to have to pay him off, with ffp coming into it.
then there's the im the boss not you customers mind set from bloom from the crowd reaction.

i dont think its just loyalty, because sami hasn't got a proven record like some managers get sacked for. He only has looser ritten on his cv.

no im sorry its not going to magicly turn out ok for us with him in charge it just won't. We will get the odd win like we would if your mum managed the team, but ultimately we are going nowhere ( mabie down ) whilst he's in charge.

Apart from desperately needing a spellcheck, I can't disagree

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

This is where your argument falls down. Sorry.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It's a bit like when you go out with an absolute nutter and all your mates tell you to dump her before she fatally maims you with the iron. "Well, gotta hand it to you mate, you're a nice guy...we'd be onwards and upwards by now...give us a bell if you ever escape..."

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
This is where your argument falls down. Sorry.

Ok, I think it will. Most of the time the players rule the roost, showing loyalty to a manager shows the players who's boss, they will start playing better naturally, January is a big month and I belive it will be the turning point.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I agree in a way.

That said I think it's more of a confession that others have ****ed up and it's not his fault.

Still alarming though that those are still here.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I agree in a way.

That said I think it's more of a confession that others have ****ed up and it's not his fault.

Still alarming though that those are still here.

They certainly have ****ed up. But the fact that on the pitch he's turned (crucially) an excellent defence & decent team into a demoralised rabble is very, very much his fault.
Something was very wrong before he came but with him as manager, we're going down. It won't even be close

Last edited:

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I really, really want it to work with Hyypia, he seems like a nice bloke and works hard, but I just don't see that it will work. But clearly the club do.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Leeds & Watford seem to be doing ok with 3 different managers in 3 months. Most managerial lifespans are between 12-18 months so I doubt that it would deter a manager coming to the Amex.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I really, really want it to work with Hyypia, he seems like a nice bloke and works hard, but I just don't see that it will work. But clearly the club do.
The board know they've stitched him with Burke's abysmal players, he'll get some quality players in January and we'll see the season turn around.

I hope.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Leeds & Watford seem to be doing ok with 3 different managers in 3 months. Most managerial lifespans are between 12-18 months so I doubt that it would deter a manager coming to the Amex.

Mabie because of the way our club is run , were finding it hard to find a replacement. At the end of the day ,if you want any real decent managerat this club, then they would want a lot more control over recruitment. That way if the manager fails its completely down to him.

why cant the club just let the manager pick the players he wants , and just stick to the budget.
also i heard harry rednapp turned us down in the past as he wanted to choose his players. He even spoke about it on sky sports news saying he dosnt want loads of money just in control of who he brings in. ( dont believe him on the don't want loads of money bit though )

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here