• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What have you got on yours?

Poll to follow (as appears to be obligatory on this type of thread)

You've let yourself down there by not editing that last line out, which you do after posting the poll (as the thread appears before you enter your poll options).

Here it is the classic white and twinkling. Not any sort of rapid or rhythmic strobing, just nice and gentle random-ish twinkling.

Flex Your Head

You've let yourself down there by not editing that last line out, which you do after posting the poll (as the thread appears before you enter your poll options).

Here it is the classic white and twinkling. Not any sort of rapid or rhythmic strobing, just nice and gentle random-ish twinkling.

No idea what you're on about, chief *cough*

I want gentle twinkling but have not been able to find any that don't blink out completely every 15 secs or so, then blink back on.

True story.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For this year only, I've reallocated my flashing white lights from the tree to the street-facing front of my flat, where they are artfully arranged to form the festive message 'Hyypia Out' :xmas:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We've got white, slightly shimmering but static lights with a few blue ones that flash. But generally I would say it has to be white. The white ones look much classier.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Static red BALL lights.

Flex Your Head

The white ones look much classier.

This is something I've heard several times recently, with the additional comment that coloured lights are dated and only appropriate for those with kiddies. Someone also thought there was a class issue, with colour for the workers, and white for the gentry.

Who'd have thought, eh?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
6ft real tree, white twinking lights, red and gold baubles. With xmas trees you need to go one of two ways, either understated and tasteful as possible or smothered in so much dayglo multicolour shite it's about to collapse.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
What about outdoor lights?

Anybody got neighbours who go absolutely banzai for Christmas lights on their house? I notice the guy in Amberley Drive in Hove has gone to his usual splendidly ridiculous charity effort, but where are the rest of the National Lampoon-style light-fests this year?

Especially within the Brighton/Hove/Mid Sussex/ Crawley areas. Asking for a friend...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Bought white static but they appear to be more of a cream type of thing. Flashing is a definate no.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What about outdoor lights?

Anybody got neighbours who go absolutely banzai for Christmas lights on their house? I notice the guy in Amberley Drive in Hove has gone to his usual splendidly ridiculous charity effort, but where are the rest of the National Lampoon-style light-fests this year?

Especially within the Brighton/Hove/Mid Sussex/ Crawley areas. Asking for a friend...

I was just thinking about outdoor lights when reading this thread.
There seems to be more and more houses with outdoor lights in this area, I often wonder if anyone has fallen off a ladder or even a roof when putting up lights.

I refuse to risk my neck putting up outside lights, we have got some indoors and on the Christmas tree.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here