Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sami Hyypiä

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
0-1 V Millwall
"I feel very frustrated. Usually I'm not a quitter, I'm a fighter.

0-3 v Derby
"I think I can turn it around. If I don't think I can turn it around then I will walk away.

1-2 v Fulham
"We need to turn it around very quickly. It is a very tight league and if you win a few games you'll be in mid-table.

3-3 v Norwich
"We were guilty of lapses in concentration and they cost us. It's just a case now of analysing the game and seeing how we can do better."

1-0 v Wigan
"It's a big relief to get the win; I just concentrate on my job and work with the pressures. I do what I believe.

1-1 v Rotherham
"I want us to toughen up a bit, be mentally tougher and more mature to play the whole 90 minutes."

1-1 v Cardiff
"This was our best performance of the season and that is why it is so frustrating.

0-0 v Forest
"I am very happy with the clean sheet, but if you want to win games, you have to score goals and today, we could not create enough.

0-1 v Birmingham
"We cannot take a lot of positives out of the game. I didn't like it.

0-1 v Sheff Wed
"We played OK and are on the right path: it's work, work, work.

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
1-2 V Millwall
"I feel very frustrated. Usually I'm not a quitter, I'm a fighter.
<I haven't got a f*cking clue>

0-3 v Derby
"I think I can turn it around. If I don't think I can turn it around then I will walk away.

1-2 v Fulham
"We need to turn it around very quickly. It is a very tight league and if you win a few games you'll be in mid-table.

3-3 v Norwich
"A point is a point but it should have been three.

1-0 v Wigan
"It's a big relief to get the win; I just concentrate on my job and work with the pressures. I do what I believe.

1-1 v Rotherham
"I want us to toughen up a bit, be mentally tougher and more mature to play the whole 90 minutes."

1-1 v Cardiff
"This was our best performance of the season and that is why it is so frustrating.

0-0 v Forest
"I am very happy with the clean sheet, but if you want to win games, you have to score goals and today, we could not create enough.

0-1 v Birmingham
"We cannot take a lot of positives out of the game. I didn't like it.

0-1 v Sheff Wed
"We played OK and are on the right path: it's work, work, work.

Translations added in bold :moo:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The most worrying stat for me though is the fact we have only scored 2 goals at home in 2 (YES TWO) games this season (League) that is just shocking and if that is not a reason alone to make changes NOW then I have no idea.

Rubbish play, toothless performances, Not man enough midfielders.....TIME FOR CHANGE. NOW

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Quiz (just messing about)

Who said:

Booing: 0-2 "I didn't hear it. I am first to the dressing room. It's normal. If they are not happy, they can do this.

2-3 "We got the first goal early, which was pleasing but then we didn't really go on from there, that is the most disappointing thing.
"It's one of those things.

0-0
"Sometimes we play better at home but the results don't show it. We need to do everything to win games and I am happy with the performance: we played really well."

1-2
"We should have scored more than two for sure; we fully deserved to win. We dominated the whole game.
"I can take positives from the performance, but what is less positive is that we need to be more clinical in front of goal."

2-1 "For the last 15 minutes it was backs to the wall and fortunately lady luck was on our side."

0-2
"We created more than enough chances to win the game but we didn't take them so we have to learn, improve on some things and move on."

0-3
We need to find an equation at the back that stops these goals going in and then going the other way be a threat. Both areas have to be addressed very quickly."

0-4
"In the first half it was a close game. We had some big chances and did well on the counter attack,

0-5
"As a unit defensively we were poor today and that was the difference.

1-0
"My back four did very well today, and so too my goalkeeper although he didn't have much to do.

0-3
"We find it very difficult away from home just to get that right formula.

Others:

"I feel shellshocked. The way we played was embarrassing. I have to take the blame because I picked the team.

And:

“I was ashamed for the town and the club that 11 players could play like that. I feel sick. We were pathetic. This side hasn’t got enough heart to fill a thimble. There are no magic wands,

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Who said:

Booing: 0-2 "I didn't hear it. I am first to the dressing room. It's normal. If they are not happy, they can do this.
Oscar Garcia after Brighton 0-2 Middlesbrough?

2-3 "We got the first goal early, which was pleasing but then we didn't really go on from there, that is the most disappointing thing.
"It's one of those things.
Nathan Jones after Charlton 3-2 Brighton?

0-0
"Sometimes we play better at home but the results don't show it. We need to do everything to win games and I am happy with the performance: we played really well."
Oscar Garcia after Brighton 0-0 Huddersfield?

1-2
"We should have scored more than two for sure; we fully deserved to win. We dominated the whole game.
"I can take positives from the performance, but what is less positive is that we need to be more clinical in front of goal."
Oscar Garcia after Brighton 1-2 Wigan

2-1 "For the last 15 minutes it was backs to the wall and fortunately lady luck was on our side."
Uwe Rosler after Brighton 1-2 Wigan?

0-2
"We created more than enough chances to win the game but we didn't take them so we have to learn, improve on some things and move on."
Oscar Garcia after Brighton 0-2 Ipswich?

0-3
We need to find an equation at the back that stops these goals going in and then going the other way be a threat. Both areas have to be addressed very quickly."
Kenny Jackett after Wolves 0-3 Nottingham Forest

0-4
"In the first half it was a close game. We had some big chances and did well on the counter attack,
Kenny Jackett after Brentford 4-0 Wolves?

0-5
"As a unit defensively we were poor today and that was the difference.
Kenny Jackett after Derby County 5-0 Wolves?

1-0
"My back four did very well today, and so too my goalkeeper although he didn't have much to do.
Kenny Jackett after Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 Wolves?

0-3
"We find it very difficult away from home just to get that right formula.
Chris Hughton after Swansea 3-0 Norwich?

Others:

"I feel shellshocked. The way we played was embarrassing. I have to take the blame because I picked the team.
Malcolm Crosby after Birmingham 0-8 Bournemouth?

And:

“I was ashamed for the town and the club that 11 players could play like that. I feel sick. We were pathetic. This side hasn’t got enough heart to fill a thimble. There are no magic wands,
Brian Clough after Brighton 2-8 Bristol Rovers?
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Watched him quite closely v Millwall and he was a bag of nerves. Didn't know what to do with his hands or feet. At a drinks break he was talking to the 4th official while 4-5 BHA players were on the touchline. He is clearly being steered by NJ. That is obvious from his body language.
He seems totally lost and helpless to prevent games unfolding in front of him. In short, he is out of his depth. He is trying to make it as a manager but he hasn't got the skillsets. Not everyone can make it. Its a tough business. He is lacking confidence and this is painfully obvious.
He won't improve because he can't. Its not his fault. He just hasn't got the attributes to be a successful manager.
Clearly, those in charge are seeing things differently to me.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Watched him quite closely v Millwall and he was a bag of nerves. Didn't know what to do with his hands or feet. At a drinks break he was talking to the 4th official while 4-5 BHA players were on the touchline. He is clearly being steered by NJ. That is obvious from his body language.
He seems totally lost and helpless to prevent games unfolding in front of him. In short, he is out of his depth. He is trying to make it as a manager but he hasn't got the skillsets. Not everyone can make it. Its a tough business. He is lacking confidence and this is painfully obvious.
He won't improve because he can't. Its not his fault. He just hasn't got the attributes to be a successful manager.
Clearly, those in charge are seeing things differently to everyone else in the ground.

corrected for you...

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
There are no magic wands

Managers are a strange breed. Liverpool supporters said he was excruciatingly shy. Introverted.

Results have been worse than the team performances.

The reason for the post was the comparison of public performances. That's all the fan sees and the team performances. Public profile is not his strong point.

I think there is more to Sami Hyypia than meets the eye. The next three matches will indicate.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I noticed that too. It was very telling.
As the break went on and on (due to their keeper, obviously), Hyypia eventually sloped over to our players and started saying something. Two of them had their backs to him, the rest didn't even look him in the face. He was COMPLETELY ignored. Totally blanked.

I don't care what Chicksen says, this team is not interested in playing for Hyypia. The body language could not have been clearer.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
As the break went on and on (due to their keeper, obviously), Hyypia eventually sloped over to our players and started saying something. Two of them had their backs to him, the rest didn't even look him in the face. He was COMPLETELY ignored. Totally blanked.

I don't care what Chicksen says, this team is not interested in playing for Hyypia. The body language could not have been clearer.

It seems that Uwe Rosler lost his job as he failed to motivate his players after they tried hard for no results. Games subsequent to the Albion game.

I've seen this before. Not necessarily fatal. I remember going to Ashton Gate to see a turgid load of shit in a 0-0 draw under Mullery and the following Monday at the home the team came up and blew Wolves away 3-0.

The most telling thing about the Millwall match was when Stockdale tried to find somebody to pass to and nobody was running into positions. This has happened before under both Garcia and Poyet though. I'm sure that Sami what is going wrong. Just a question of he can do anything about it ???

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
The most worrying stat for me though is the fact we have only scored 2 goals at home in 2 (YES TWO) games this season (League) that is just shocking and if that is not a reason alone to make changes NOW then I have no idea.

Rubbish play, toothless performances, Not man enough midfielders.....TIME FOR CHANGE. NOW

Wow that is unbelievable, someone needs to tell bloom that stat because that is shocking. How that clueless chancer is still in a job is beyond me. What is it going to take, the longer this goes on the bigger the job our next managers got.

Just get on with sacking him bloom , its inevitable anyway so stop waisting time.

Felpham Seagull

May 15, 2013
Felpham

he has to go FFS why the feck dosen,t Bloom act

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
In poker terms, he can't bet on a bad hand. So no new players?

In poker terms, we're holding a 2 of diamonds, a 3 of hearts, a 6 of spades and a 9 and jack of clubs.

And the other players can see our hand because the key player keeps flashing them by mistake.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon

We beat Bolton at home 2-1 I think you will find

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here