Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I work in an amazing restaurant

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I have been working in the great new restaurant as head chef for 6 months. I blagged the job as I can't really cook but have a lot of experience with food production. The problem is I keep ****ing up all the recipes they constantly go wrong and lack any taste or bite. Lots of customers are complaining but my boss doesn't seem to mind. I even tried to leave after a particularly bad paella all the ingredients were all over the place. My boss has just gone on holiday for 3 months and I am desperate to cook up a winning menu any ideas?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Try changing the bit in the middle, like making it a bit tougher.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
You could try getting your rice fresh from the PADDY, serving up some mINCE pies for the festive season or whipping up a nice HOLLAndaise sauce? Make sure you get those chicken wing(back)s and GARDNER peas off the menu though, they are dire.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Get yourself a knowledgeable 2nd chef, someone who's worked in top Michelin Star restaurants, ideally someone who can run the service but can easily step in and help your chef de parties and commis' development and understanding of the menu.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Get yourself a knowledgeable 2nd chef, someone who's worked in top Michelin Star restaurants, ideally someone who can run the service but can easily step in and help your chef de parties and commis' development and understanding of the menu.

I think that might be a forlorn hope. Would a chef with Michelin star experience really be prepared to work at Burger King?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Maybe the recipe you used in early roles doesn't fit the new restaurant, you need to amend your methods, if you keep doing the same things you will likely get the same results.

Have a better look at the ingredients you have provided and try and get a better blend that suits them rather than chucking them all in a bowl and hoping for the best.

And make sure you pay close attention during the cooking process, if you just let the meal drift it may be too late to do something about it and the whole thing is already ruined.

Personally if it was my restaurant I would have kicked you out a while ago, but since the boss has clearly put faith in you, I hope for your sake you can get it right.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I often think you should stick to what you know as a chef. Ignore the slightly annoying maître d that pokes his nose in to the kitchen but doesn't do much, and go for some traditional moose steaks or Baltic herring-style ingredients that you are comfortable with.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have been working in the great new restaurant as head chef for 6 months. I blagged the job as I can't really cook but have a lot of experience with food production. The problem is I keep ****ing up all the recipes they constantly go wrong and lack any taste or bite. Lots of customers are complaining but my boss doesn't seem to mind. I even tried to leave after a particularly bad paella all the ingredients were all over the place. My boss has just gone on holiday for 3 months and I am desperate to cook up a winning menu any ideas?

Well I have noticed the appalling fare on offer but as I have been using this restaurant for years I'm going to keep coming and eating up whatever slop you choose to serve. I'll have a gripe, I may even shout at the Maitre D' but I'll be back every other week.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Sorry but this was done before and better by Pavilionaire.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

You're not cut out to be a chef - go now

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
You need some core ingredients. These should form the basis of your menu. Your problem is that you keeping borrowing ingredients from other neighbouring restaurants in a frantic, 'try this flavour for a few recipes' approach, which means there are always new tastes coming into the mix, unbalancing the core palette and confusing your diners.

Alternatively you could forego the tortured metaphors and just ****ing manage a football team properly.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You need some core ingredients. These should form the basis of your menu. Your problem is that you keeping borrowing ingredients from other neighbouring restaurants in a frantic, 'try this flavour for a few recipes' approach, which means there are always new tastes coming into the mix, unbalancing the core palette and confusing your diners.

Alternatively you could forego the tortured metaphors and just ****ing manage a football team properly.

I quite like that. The restaurant is being run on 'Can I just borrow some sugar' lines.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
People are already fighting amongst themselves because what your serving up is nothing but shite, your better of out of it and forget about any wages due your not worth it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here