Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baked Beans

Now I'm quite a fan of Lidl, in fact most of my weekly shop is done there due to the quality being as good as and in most cases better than Tesco.

But the Beans are terrible. Is there a forum I can go on for this please?

p.s: Hyypia is shit.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Branston are my favourite, obviously not available in lidls.

You're welcome.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Can't you address important issues, such as BHA's sad plight right now and how it is going downhill rapidly and all is doom/gloom rather than baked beans, whatever next?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Often they are in Lidl, a four pack usually goes for £1.25
Well there you go then [MENTION=16843]Hillian1[/MENTION] problem solved.

If only our club could employ such forward thinking go getters as we have on NSC.

:bhasign:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Make your own, just like I did a few months ago. Takes ages, costs at least twice as much and requires lots of washing up. The results are disappointing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can't you address important issues, such as BHA's sad plight right now and how it is going downhill rapidly and all is doom/gloom rather than baked beans, whatever next?

There are bean counters everywhere these days, not just in the boardroom.

Jan 30, 2008
Now I'm quite a fan of Lidl, in fact most of my weekly shop is done there due to the quality being as good as and in most cases better than Tesco.

But the Beans are terrible. Is there a forum I can go on for this please?

p.s: Hyypia is shit.
yeah, it's called gone with the wind ???
regards
DR

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I wish I could get Baked Beans here, you can get Heinz here, the tins are almost identical but the label says Tomato Beans instead of Baked Beans. I think there must be some kind of rule about sugar content in Europe because I have to add sugar to make them taste OK.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I like Branstons best but James Martin did some home made ones on last Saturdays Home Comforts program they looked good. I was told there are about 3 companies that actually make all of them for the Uk but use different menus for each supermarket. I dont know if that is true.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I wish I could get Baked Beans here, you can get Heinz here, the tins are almost identical but the label says Tomato Beans instead of Baked Beans. I think there must be some kind of rule about sugar content in Europe because I have to add sugar to make them taste OK.

Heinz have slowly been removing salt and sugar over the last few years so as the taste is nothing like they used to be. Will willingly swap you a couple of cases of Heinz Baked Beans for a half and half crate of Kasteel Donker and Saison 1858 if that helps your parlous situation ?

Last edited:

My local Lidl has both Branston and Heinz. Their Rich Tea biscuits are a quarter the price of McVities and just as good, their own brand vanilla ice cream in the red box is a joy to the palate imho. A lot of their stuff we now buy because we like it not just because it is cheap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here