Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Experienced Assistant

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hyypia's record at Leverkusen was immeasurably better when he had a wise head helping him out.
We tried to bring one in early season. Had he have joined, would we have been any better?
Could this be the club's 'masterplan'?
If the club really, seriously, want to keep the same structure then the bloke needs a LOT of help and fast.

Everything else has seemingly been guessed.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Something has to change. Bringing in the experienced old hand, that Hypia said he wanted when he first took the job, would be something. Was the rumour that Hypia resigned when the Sammy Lee deal fell though or was not backed just a rumour? If true was he persuaded to stay and work with Jones instead? Perhaps Tony and the board feel they owe him something?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Barber making bold statements about the high calibre
applicants applying for the vacant manager position at the club and we employ some plum who needs an assistant to tell him what to do....priceless Barber just priceless.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Hyypia's record at Leverkusen was immeasurably better when he had a wise head helping him out.
We tried to bring one in early season. Had he have joined, would we have been any better?
Could this be the club's 'masterplan'?
If the club really, seriously, want to keep the same structure then the bloke needs a LOT of help and fast.

Everything else has seemingly been guessed.

Bloom has made the wrong appointment in SH and I'm sure he knows that, and he will not want to pay up his contract.
So why should we bring in someone to assist him ?
Any other club would of binned him weeks ago with his record.
Both him and the Welsh cretin should go and be replaced with people with proven experience.
This season has been disastrous, but carrying on like this would be catastrophic.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I think your bang on. He is not experienced and everything is going against him. If bloom wants to keep him then this has to be done otherwise hyypia will really suffer

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Jones could be shuffled to first team coach, or some such thing, and we could get a Lenny Lawrence type to give Sami a helping hand.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If he needs an experienced assistant shouldn't that man be manager and Hyypia shunted down to assistant (or tea boy)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Or perhaps, Sacha Lewandowski is a very good manager, and did 99% of the work despite officially only 'assistant' manager?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Jones could be shuffled to first team coach, or some such thing, and we could get a Lenny Lawrence type to give Sami a helping hand.

That'd work. Well, probably not, but it'd be a better plan than just crossing our fingers.
Jones could do the Oatway role ok. Or coach the kids.
I was thinking Jim Smith (mainly for humour), but Lawrence would do.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Danny Murphy, he's done his badges, he knows the game inside out and more specifically he knows the Championship, also a former team mate.
Good call, but I'd be inclined to go for an experienced old fart like Lawrence rather than an exciting new talent. Two novices together might be asking for trouble.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i feel hyypia needs a expeirence number 2 no affence to nathan jones i dont feel hes up to the job and we need someone who will make us not easy to play against like we are at moment

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
If they are hell bent on retaining Sami this makes sense. What concerns me is the club have shown little desire in bringing in experienced old hands who may challenge them. We'd probably get another chump.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here