Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could sign one Championship player...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If you could sign one current Championship player for the Albion who would it be?

This isn't meant as a realistic exercise so don't bog yourself down with thoughts of wages, fees, tactics, whether clubs would sell and so on, just think about who you want to see wearing the stripes at the next match.

Feel free to share your considered picks as well, just be sure to name the one player you'd choose (with reasons if you like).

For me, there were a couple of players in the frame that I'd love to see play for us (including Matt Ritchie, Grant Leadbitter and Jordan Rhodes) but my final three were Nathan Redmond, Troy Deeney and Jamie Ward.

If this was pre-Bent I think I would have picked Deeney straight away, however, I now think that a provider could be of more importance. Based on the annoyingly good performances he's put in at the Amex as well as just enjoying watching him play, my choice would be Ward.

(Again, not realistic and just for pondering fun, please try to avoid turning into another Burke/Sami bashing thread if possible...)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Deeney. If fit basically he guarantees you at least 20 goals a season. After 6 weeks out he's just got five in the last two games and nine days.

He will be in the Premier League next season, one way or another. He might not be a success, but he will get his chance.

Among the youngsters, that Demarai Gray at Birmingham is going to be some player.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
I wanna be greedy and get a few..... Patrick Bamford, Vydra, Howson, Bryson, Sean Morrison and this youngster Gray at Birmingham seems pretty handy.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I wanna be greedy and get a few..... Patrick Bamford, Vydra, Howson, Bryson, Sean Morrison and this youngster Gray at Birmingham seems pretty handy.
Fair enough...but if you could only have one of them who would it be?

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Daryl Murphy. Would have been the perfect replacement for Ulloa and could maybe have got him for the price of Baldock and OGrady.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Daryl Murphy. Would have been the perfect replacement for Ulloa and could maybe have got him for the price of Baldock and OGrady.

I have been recommending Daryl Murphy for ages. Perfect replacement of Ashley Barnes though.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Assuming Bent goes back in Jan......for me it has to be Chris Martin, he is just so damn clinical, especially against us :(

Special mentions to Nathan Redmond and Michail Antonio.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
David Marshall is an amazing keeper who shouldn't be playing in this league, but a GK isn't a priority for now. I would say someone like Rudy Gestede, 6 foot 4 and scores goals.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Cant believe it took so long for someone to say Chris Martin. He has got the perfect attitude. Great Championship player too.

Wilson - if we had just paid the 3 million rather than Bris totally mugging us for 2m

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here