Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Not Now, When?

el punal

If, as it seems, Tony Bloom and the club are adamant that Sami Hyypia stays, how long will they give him if performances (and results) don't improve?

While I completely respect TB's stance (if the above is the case) and his support for Hyypia, surely the activities on Friday must have alarmed him, as it did with most of the Albion fans.

I can only assume that funds will be made available to bolster the squad in January. I hope and pray that whoever we get will be more successful than the last crop. Should we fail and performances do not improve, what then?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Reckon he will be gone by tomorrow morning. It's just a deluded few who dare not dissent or challenge Bloom that have prevented this happening already.

majnoon

Banned
Oct 25, 2014
I cant reason why he is still there,its almost as if the board and tony Bloom don't care what is happening,i don't understand it.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If, as it seems, Tony Bloom and the club are adamant that Sami Hyypia stays, how long will they give him if performances (and results) don't improve?

While I completely respect TB's stance (if the above is the case) and his support for Hyypia, surely the activities on Friday must have alarmed him, as it did with most of the Albion fans.

I can only assume that funds will be made available to bolster the squad in January. I hope and pray that whoever we get will be more successful than the last crop. Should we fail and performances do not improve, what then?

Why would you assume that new players in January will make any difference? Surely you've seen the results of Hyypia's tactical acumen and motivational skills in action haven't you?

Seagull Saz

Aug 18, 2013
I read NSC a lot, but do not often make posts. You will probably think me as reliable as Soccer Sauce! However, a mobile phone conversation overheard in a shop today leads me to think Sami may have gone. The woman on the phone certainly mentioned an Albion director's name (this was what caught my attention), seemed to be speaking of someone leaving this morning and was secretive about the call with her companion afterwards.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Soon I hope as I'm not going to any more games whilst he's still here, I'd hate to have to wait another month or more :down:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
TB is waiting for Hyypia to resign or the board may be starting to put a 'performance management plan' in place for him....when they sacked Poyet they stuck their colours to the mast saying that they would do things the proper way in terms of employment law so perhaps this reflects the reason for the delay in him going. Either way, the pressure on Hyypia will be considerable but I doubt whether he will walk away from a pay out and I expect TB is unlikely to fold.
Maybe the Millwall game was the first line in the sand with Hyypia...' Personally, this is a very important game for me'.
The problem with all this is that the inevitable is just going to drag on. ....bring back 'Deadly Dick'!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think he needs to scrape a win against Wolves or a very good draw ( if that's possible ? ) to have any hope of staying on for his Xmas bonus.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Difficult to say, humiliated at home by Holloway was a final straw for many, I guess a Murray hat trick for Reading might be the tipping point ?
Its past the tipping point now - should have been sacked at the last international break, what will it take for a change!!!!!@@ - another 5 games without a win??? - a complete shambles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here