Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money and how many players?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hyypia believes he will have money for new players and we will be busy come January.

I believe he needs 10 million to turn this team around.

We need a left back, a right back, a decent center half, an experienced midfielder, and two forwards.

More importantly Bloom needs to get a proper experienced right hand man for Hyypia, one who will inform him of tactics and formations etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He needs to replace the loan signings with permanent, especially in midfield where we need some experience and grafters. Not sure that CB is urgent at the moment once GG is back and Glen Rea seems a good up and coming prospect. An experienced no 2 is essential is there anybody available from his Liverpool days that could help him short term, I have been saying Lennie Lawrence for ages

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Send Joe Bennett and Gardner back. Haven't been impressed with either of them to be honest and would rather see us bring in our own players than give game time to players that will be going back to their parent club in 5/6 months. I can't name names off the top of my head but my wishlist includes a left back, right back, 2x Centre Midfielders, One winger and a striker (two if we offload CMS).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hyypia believes he will have money for new players and we will be busy come January.

I believe he needs 10 million to turn this team around.

We need a left back, a right back, a decent center half, an experienced midfielder, and two forwards.

More importantly Bloom needs to get a proper experienced right hand man for Hyypia, one who will inform him of tactics and formations etc.

In my opinion we need ONE player. A double hard ******* centre midfielder, who CARES, and will run through brick walls for the team. One player like this will lift the rest to actually acre a bit, and that one simple thing, will make a massive difference.

the only one who looked like he CARED on Friday, was Calde, and he wasn't even on the pitch.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In my opinion we need ONE player. A double hard ******* centre midfielder, who CARES, and will run through brick walls for the team. One player like this will lift the rest to actually acre a bit, and that one simple thing, will make a massive difference.

the only one who looked like he CARED on Friday, was Calde, and he wasn't even on the pitch.

I thought both Tex and Bruno tried to make things happen also, but overall the CARING level wasn't great, admittedly.

I also agree. The majority of the team are "good enough". We just need a very physical central midfielder.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought both Tex and Bruno tried to make things happen also, but overall the CARING level wasn't great, admittedly.

I also agree. The majority of the team are "good enough". We just need a very physical central midfielder.

I'll actually agree with Bruno. Bruno did CARE. He kept giving the ball away, but he did CARE!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Exactly this.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

This. Add a bit of organizational ability to his double hardness and we have the player to rescue our season. If we had a Danny Shittu type player we'd be fine.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Bring back Adam El-Abd and play him in midfield, tell him to get stuck in. Yes he might miss the odd game through suspension, but it would be entertaining and he does give a shit!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I think it would be better if we played Bruno in midfield.

Before the OP lays into me as I know he's not keen on Mr Saltor, he's the most creative player we have, he can pick a pass, from what I've seen he does care and works hard and also he might add some experience to the rest of them.

Play him and Ince side by side. Brawn and brains.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Yep, a strong central midfielder who can control the game and who is signed to the club.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We need 2 new midfield players (assuming Stephens is not going to be fit any time soon).

A left back - don't rate Bennett defensively.

But most of all we need a complete a change of tactics to make us more of a solid unit. (This will involve not playing Gardner or JFC).

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

His name is ROHAN INCE.....

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This. Add a bit of organizational ability to his double hardness and we have the player to rescue our season. If we had a Danny Shittu type player we'd be fine.

We have a freebie on trial :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think it would be better if we played Bruno in midfield.

Before the OP lays into me as I know he's not keen on Mr Saltor, he's the most creative player we have, he can pick a pass, from what I've seen he does care and works hard and also he might add some experience to the rest of them.

Play him and Ince side by side. Brawn and brains.

Believe it or not I totally agree with you. When he played in midfield and Caldy right back they played well together.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
His name is ROHAN INCE.....

No offence to Rohan, who I like very much, but he is absolutely NOT double-hard. In fact considering he is an absolute BEAST of a man, he's a bit of a pussy. He should be dominating people, and he really doesn't do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here