Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good place for cheap/reliable cars

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My Mum's been in a hit and run accident - her car is a write-off.

Besides the usual Autotrader etc, does anyone know of, or can recommend a local trader with a good reputation for cheap and reliable cars? I want to buy and drive one today, ideally.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'd recommend Southdowns Cars in Hassocks, I bought I Rover from them for about £900 and had it for 3 years. The guys there are really good and most of their business is done through reputation given the location.

http://www.southdownscarsales.co.uk/

The place on the old A23 at Sayers Common (North Star?) always heard good things.

There is a place in Burgess Hill to be avoided at ALL costs.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
My Mum's been in a hit and run accident - her car is a write-off.

Besides the usual Autotrader etc, does anyone know of, or can recommend a local trader with a good reputation for cheap and reliable cars? I want to buy and drive one today, ideally.

What is your definition of cheap?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Picked up a decent enough Corsa today from Auto Sussex in Billingshurst - http://www.autosussex.co.uk

Have you checked its previous owners? When I got our car from Woods in Shoreham (now gone / moved) the salesman initially showed me a gleaming Corsa that was only a couple of years old. "Do you like football?" he asked me. "Yep". "Brighton?". "I'm a season ticket holder" I replied. "Well, this is Gary Hart's old motor" the guy told me, presumably thinking the sale was nailed on. "if he drove like he plays football then thanks but no thanks" I replied.

We bought a Mitsubishi.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here