Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

oh dear

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sami Hyypia believes he will have money to spend to turn Albion’s fortunes around during the January transfer window.
The Seagulls are expected to be busy when trading re-opens in the new year in a bid to improve their perilous league position.

Hyypia said: “At the beginning of the season we sold a few players and I guess we have some funds.
“I would like to think January came a little bit earlier but we are looking at what we can do when the window opens.
“In the next window I am in a better position myself to identify the possible targets and get them in.”
None of the seven outfield players signed permanently by Albion in the summer started Friday night’s 1-0 defeat at home to Millwall.

A thigh problem continued to rule out Sam Baldock and illness leading up to the game restricted Aaron Hughes to the bench.
Hyypia told The Argus: “I’ve said it before, the summer wasn’t ideal. I signed my deal so late and that didn’t give much time to really work on the targets that we had for this season.
“When time went on I think it became more and more difficult to find the right players.
“We have a lot of new players and against Derby we had one player who played against them in the play-off game, so it’s not easy to get the players to gel.
“I would rather have a core of the team together, then you need to only make little additions.
“At the moment as well I think the characters we are maybe lacking are all injured.”

Hyypia altered Albion’s training routine in the build-up to Millwall’s visit to 5pm starts as he continues to try to spark a revival.

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here