Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Sherwood

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
@SportsPeteO: Tim Sherwood in frame to replace under-fire Brighton boss Sami Hyypia. #bhafc

Normally very reliable.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I didn't want Sherwood last summer, but would be overjoyed if he took charge now.

Still think we ideally need someone with a successful record in the Championship, though.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would prefer a number of other people, but at the moment I'm in the anyone but hyypia camp.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would be happy with that, certainly inject some desire into the side

Not a lot of managerial experience however

I still think a McDermott, Clarke or Hughton is more likely

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I really want this to be true and if it is we would guess he would want to bring in his own back room staff, well that would mean a complete overhaul which Tony would need to do without possibly Burke and Co knowing and if that is the case maybe doing this in Australia would make sense.....

A man can dream.....

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
It absolutely baffles me that people support the idea of Sherwood coming in... out of a job for how long now and never managed in the Championship. Experience of a relegation battle and the Championship is needed.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Can somebody explain the love in with Sherwood to me? I'd favour him over Houghton or McDermott (borathons) but Sherwood seems like the wrong side of a loose cannon to me.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Can somebody explain the love in with Sherwood to me? I'd favour him over Houghton or McDermott (borathons) but Sherwood seems like the wrong side of a loose cannon to me.

Agreed; a loose, yet tactically naive, cannon.

Though I suspect his 'Arryesque tactics would probably work well in the Championship.

I was anti Sherwood before but would take him now.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004

Do you know what, I think your probably right. But right now a loose cannon sounds attractive.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The Mail article states that Sherwood has reservations about joining. Is this because he doesn't like the overall structure of the club?

I think that may have been the case in the summer. However he has now been out of work for a while. No real opportunities in the Premier League, he needs to get back in.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I think it's one (or a few) of a number of things:

1. Anyone but Hyypia;
2. Similarities to Poyet (personality-wise);
3. Big on passion and desire;
4. A "free" agent;
5. Not Hyypia;
6. He's a "name";
7. Absence from the game generally increases the legend around a person (before it plummets if they're out of a job for too long)
8. He's not Finnish.

I'm not saying I subscribe to any of those, but maybe it explains some of the love?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
McD > Sherwood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sami

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Obviously id take pretty much any manager at the moment. We cannot get any worse than what we have already, however I'm not convinced Tim Sherwood is the answer. We need someone who knows the championship. We cant keep taking punts on young up and coming managers. We need someone with experience to steady the ship. If TS was hired i would support him however i would much rather someone who knows this league inside out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here