Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No more Steve Claridge ?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
What a shame, I will miss his incisive punditry.

As for Channel 5 taking the rights, it could turn out to be a good thing. Much like when the BBC lost the paralympics to Channel 4, who put actual effort into broadcasting it.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Rosenior and Claridge often get a bad rap, but maintaining a base of knowledge of clubs across three divisions is quite something and significantly more difficult than being a MOTD pundit.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He will be able to afford a new shirt..i think he's been operating on about 2 for some time.....i actually quite like his punditry.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
This 'its great because its a 9pm start thinking" reminds of the ITV Premiership Highlights attempting the early Saturday start, fair enough with 7 matches, but three hours plus to edit and deliver an acceptable highlights package of a maximum of 36 matches...that just ain't going to happen...but I guess there was no mention of that on the figure placed into the 'how much you are willing to pay' section of the bid document, the only section that dominates this process.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I thought Claridge was spot on about our problems on the FLS I watched yesterday morning.

Seems everyone can see what the issues are, apart from Sami.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The 9pm slot sounds very attractive - until you think about it for 5 minutes. Moving to prime time Saturday night puts it up against the real big-hitters. Plus half the audience are in the pub or losing the battle to persuade their other half that Saturday is over as they're now about to watch the FL and MOTD until midnight. Add to that the loss of the publicity the league gets from the BBC radio stations and website & it may not look such a good deal, even if the money offered is a bit better.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Would rather keep it on the beeb. Tiresome adverts to put up with between every highlights game, no doubt makes a one and a half hour show on Auntie into a two hour + epic. No thanks

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will 5 try to poach Mark Bright from the BBC ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I nearly always have a pint on the way back so it's usually Sunday morning for me anyway concerning times. Mind you I 'm struggling to watch it at the moment.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here