Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shamefully, we showed a complete lack of class on Friday, and continue to do so....

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Sami is a decent guy, he's not doing very well at a job that is relatively new to him, but he's not deserving of humiliation, ridicule and nastiness...... it's absolutely time for a change but Friday night was a completely classless showing from our fans.

A lot of our fans either have very short memories or have spent the last 15 years watching MOTD and thinking that scribbling on bed sheets and shouting obscenities at someone after some bad results is what football fans do.....not our club!

We've fought far bigger battles and are a far better club all round than Friday showed.

Embarrassing.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sami is a decent guy, he's not doing very well at a job that is relatively new to him, but he's not deserving of humiliation, ridicule and nastiness...... it's absolutely time for a change but Friday night was a completely classless showing from our fans.

A lot of our fans either have very short memories or have spent the last 15 years watching MOTD and thinking that scribbling on bed sheets and shouting obscenities at someone after some bad results is what football fans do.....not our club!

We've fought far bigger battles and are a far better club all round than Friday showed.

Embarrassing.

Except it is what our club does, and always has. Why pretend otherwise? Lloyd got dog's abuse, so did Hinshelwood. How else are the fans suppose to show the board that they are unhappy with the man in charge? Write polite letters? It doesn't need to be personal abuse, but chanting for the manager to be sacked and booing is a perfectly acceptable protest. Friday was the first real time the crowd have turned on Sami, at almost every other club in the football league it would have happened a lot earlier.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Sad to say it's not our club anymore. It's divide and rule, pit yeasayers v naysayers and the suits can stand back and watch the infighting, safe from scrutiny. As Mary Antoinette once said, and endorsed by 'our' club, 'Let them eat cake...'

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

Embarrassing.

What a load of old tosh.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Except it is what our club does, and always has. Why pretend otherwise? Lloyd got dog's abuse, so did Hinshelwood. How else are the fans suppose to show the board that they are unhappy with the man in charge? Write polite letters? It doesn't need to be personal abuse, but chanting for the manager to be sacked and booing is a perfectly acceptable protest. Friday was the first real time the crowd have turned on Sami, at almost every other club in the football league it would have happened a lot earlier.
Spot on!- how else can fans vent their feelings, I think no other fans would have put up with this pathetic season so far

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

Embarrassing.

23,000 people paying Premiership prices to watch League 1 dross.
We can say what we like.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Embarrassing.

You've got a very short memory if you think that shouting obscenities at people the fans want removed has never happened at our club! Many certainly didn't deserve it (Mark McGhee for instance). I'm not advocating it at all.... but it's ridiculous to suggest that somehow 'new' fans are to blame. If anything, I'd say the old guard are more annoyed because we didn't put up with a decade and a half of crap to see all the progress frittered away so easily by a bloke who looks totally lost.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Embarrassing.
Well said, some of the new fans would be better off staying at home, well they call themselves fans

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Well said, some of the new fans would be better off staying at home, well they call themselves fans

Well Nuts - they probably **will** be staying at home along, I suspect, with hordes of fans who
have been supporters a lot longer - myself included.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Mark McGhee deserved it for sticking with Calamity Wayne Henderson till we got relegated. I have never wavered from the view that Henderson's ability to find new ways to allow the ball past him, without accepting a whiff of blame, was the main contributor to our demise. McGhee swallowed his lie that distribution was more important than keeping the ball out of the net!

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Man up and trade your mangina in for a set of balls OP.

It's not a case of it being upsetting, it's a case of some of our fans being anus twitchingly cringe-worthy.

Watching a middle aged man go purple in the face screaming at Hyypia that he's a c*** , and shouting out pathetic hashtag quotes like "bin the finn" is toe -curlingly horrible..... rivaled only, this season, by the pied piper of pre-pubescents (The Judge :lol:) shouting out at Watford away what he was going to shout and what all the rest of the crowd should follow.... We're getting a bit tin pot.

I would suggest that rather me needing to "man up" it's the children and obnoxious simpletons amongst our support that need to stop depositing their tampons all over the Amex terraces and get on with watching the football and supporting the team rather than soil their knickers over a few bad results.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's not a case of it being upsetting, it's a case of some of our fans being anus twitchingly cringe-worthy.

Watching a middle aged man go purple in the face screaming at Hyypia that he's a c*** , and shouting out pathetic hashtag quotes like "bin the finn" is toe -curlingly horrible..... rivaled only, this season, by the pied piper of pre-pubescents (The Judge :lol:) shouting out at Watford away what he was going to shout and what all the rest of the crowd should follow.... We're getting a bit tin pot.

I would suggest that rather me needing to "man up" it's the children and obnoxious simpletons amongst our support that need to stop depositing their tampons all over the Amex terraces and get on with watching the football and supporting the team rather than soil their knickers over a few bad results.

I would suggest that football is possibly the wrong sport for you.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

A few bad results.:lolol:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

We have been doing that - but we're fed up with watching sh*t football week in and week out knowing
that it ain't going to get better unless something is done. Is that too difficult a concept to pick up?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

Or perhaps instead of going full Daily mail on us you could just laugh at the tw4ts instead?
Personally i'd be happy to get on watching the footy if it was any good and im not completely sure where you've been since August but 'a few bad results'?! Really are you serious! This isnt just about results either it goes deeper than that but hey if your one dimensional support only recognises that aspect of whats going wrong at this club then you are as ignorant as those you are having a pop at.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
I would suggest that football is possibly the wrong sport for you.

Not a chance, I live for watching the Albion and have done for years, through thick and thin.

The difference is, the moment I walk into a football stadium I don't turn into a complete tool or automatically gain an inflated sense of entitlement.

If I'm not mistaken, you've posted about a confrontation with a 14 year old at the stadium this week..... if that doesn't hit home in a quiet moment as being a tad embarrassing I would suggest that football supporting is the wrong pass time for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here