Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday Mirror : Sherwood & Riga up front as Sami struggles

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
According to todays Sunday Mirror Jose Riga and Tim Sherwood are among the front runners for the Brighton job. Sherwood is a close pal of Chief Executive Paul Barber and was interviewed before Hyypia was appointed. The stumbling block was Sherwood's insistence on bringing with him an expensively assembled back room staff with Chairman Tony Bloom wishing to operate within FFP rules.

Looks like Riga on a short term basis to save relegation or Sherwood for a longer term future but not sure where Pulis fits in to this story.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought we were sticking with Sami?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Basically no one has any idea as was the case with Oscar and hyypia. Obviously got to go first though

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My 3 choices are all ex Spurs in order Hoddle Hughton Sherwood. I think all would play 4-4-2 which our existing squad could accomodate and would win games playing that system.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I wouldn't be too disappointed with Riga. I think he's proved more than Sherwood & appears a strong character (more than just a shouter, which I worry Sherwood might be), & we certainly need one of those

Peter_Taylor

Dec 7, 2014
Storrington
According to todays Sunday Mirror Jose Riga and Tim Sherwood are among the front runners for the Brighton job. Sherwood is a close pal of Chief Executive Paul Barber and was interviewed before Hyypia was appointed. The stumbling block was Sherwood's insistence on bringing with him an expensively assembled back room staff with Chairman Tony Bloom wishing to operate within FFP rules.

Looks like Riga on a short term basis to save relegation or Sherwood for a longer term future but not sure where Pulis fits in to this story.

Pulis now Sherwood is the Mirror just throwing names about or is TB sounding out a number of managers and won't remove Hyypia until he has a replacement..

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Pulis now Sherwood is the Mirror just throwing names about or is TB sounding out a number of managers and won't remove Hyypia until he has a replacement..

The problem I see is that we supposedly interviewed EVERYBODY that was any good about 5 months ago and according to Bloom it was a 'very thorough' and 'detailed' process so...

1. Do we really need to interview them all again?
2. Would the majority still want the job now as they will clearly know they were discounted just recently?

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
The problem I see is that we supposedly interviewed EVERYBODY that was any good about 5 months ago and according to Bloom it was a 'very thorough' and 'detailed' process so...

1. Do we really need to interview them all again?
2. Would the majority still want the job now as they will clearly know they were discounted just recently?

I would certainly say they need to be interviewed again. The objectives have changed dramatically from when interviews took place in the summer. Back then the objective was to secure a minimum of a top ten finish; now it's all about keeping us in the division. And that's all just the tip of the iceberg.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here