Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commercial Boycott vs Reading. yes or no?

Commercial Boycott vs Reading

• Yes I am on it

Votes: 62 60.2%
  • No. I politely decline

Votes: 41 39.8%

• Total voters

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
To square the circle and to start getting organised. BTW... We should support the team like never before that day (to the extent that it will help with Hyppia in charge). Please refrain from criticising those that politely decline. This is the one area where we can make a real difference at this time. You can be sure that TB looks at all aspects of commercial income from a single game.

Barber underestimates us.

get the word out. Encourage 1901ers to unbook their tables and avoid the bars and arrive late. On Twitter use #bhafcareyoulistening and #bhafcnotapenny and then ensure they are RT'd to death and any other way you can think of to get the message out.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I'm up for this but you also need a more visible protest, on another thread someone has suggested that we all leave our seats after 18 minutes.Couple the two ideas together and you gain the attention of the media whilst showing the money men how pissed off we've become.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm up for this but you also need a more visible protest, on another thread someone has suggested that we all leave our seats after 18 minutes.Couple the two ideas together and you gain the attention of the media whilst showing the money men how pissed off we've become.

Maybe another banner along the lines of "don't buy a thing until we bin the Finn"

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Crowd will be about 12k

That will do it . Agree with any protest though . Fans have been very calm up to Friday

abc

Jan 6, 2007
To square the circle and to start getting organised. BTW... We should support the team like never before that day (to the extent that it will help with Hyppia in charge). Please refrain from criticising those that politely decline. This is the one area where we can make a real difference at this time. You can be sure that TB looks at all aspects of commercial income from a single game.

Barber underestimates us.

get the word out. Encourage 1901ers to unbook their tables and avoid the bars and arrive late. On Twitter use #bhafcareyoulistening and #bhafcnotapenny and then ensure they are RT'd to death and any other way you can think of to get the message out.

I think this is the best and most intelligent suggestion as a form of protest. Not booked in for dining but will suggest to my 1901 group that we have our beers in Brighton and get to the game just before KO. Always run out of pies at half time so no problem not buying them!

I used to be 100% behind the club (and that very much included Paul Barber), later I was getting concerned but was happy to give them the benefit of the doubt, sadly I have now had enough and I will withdraw my custom. I am a life long fan so it hurts to say it, but whilst the badge will always have my loyalty, 'The Club' do not.

Al, please.

I support BHA, NOT Piglets bloody pies.

Nicely done with the thumbs down Al.

Should we put the interests of Piglets before the cluster**** that is BHA at the moment?

And the pies are shit anyway.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
To be honest, a whole 24 hrs previously spent with the extended family and a miserable performance will probably drive me to the beer, sorry.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Al, please.

I support BHA, NOT Piglets bloody pies.

You hate Piglet's, so your grizzling is irrelevant. You're also missing my point by a distance.

The notion being proposed is that the club supposedly receives no extra commercial revenue while Sami is still in charge from an active boycott. This doesn't take into account that the disagreement between the supporters and the club would branch out into affecting third parties who are not part of this dispute.

Did you really think that my point was about one supplier? I mean... really?

You're losing your rag very quickly lately.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nicely done with the thumbs down Al.

Should we put the interests of Piglets before the cluster**** that is BHA at the moment?

And the pies are shit anyway.

Do you really think that was my point? Jesus wept.

The point is, a commercial boycott of goods will achieve nothing (unless it is a total boycott) apart from telling the club something that they already knew.

But if it makes you feel better, boycott the pies you can't stand anyway.

You hate Piglet's, so your grizzling is irrelevant. You're also missing my point by a distance.

The notion being proposed is that the club supposedly receives no extra commercial revenue while Sami is still in charge from an active boycott. This doesn't take into account that the disagreement between the supporters and the club would branch out into affecting third parties who are not part of this dispute.

Did you really think that my point was about one supplier? I mean... really?

You're losing your rag very quickly lately.

We're talking ONE game here AL, ONE bloody game.

And yes, I think your point IS about Piglets Pantry, you've made it quite clear you know Jo personally on many occasions.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Do you really think that was my point? Jesus wept.

The point is, a commercial boycott of goods will achieve nothing (unless it is a total boycott) apart from telling the club something that they already knew.

But if it makes you feel better, boycott the pies you can't stand anyway.
I think it will show the fans are serious about wanting Sami out and perhaps then they would take our views a bit more seriously.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
We're talking ONE game here AL, ONE bloody game.

And yes, I think your point IS about Piglets Pantry, you've made it quite clear you know Jo personally on many occasions.

Hillian, don't forget, much like David Burke - if they have been a guest on ROAR, then they are completely beyond criticism.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why not boycott the club shop? It wouldn't affect third parties and the inventories involved aren't perishable, so no real wastage. It would also be very visible to all fans walking to the ground. Could have a banner and leaflets for those that like that sort of thing too.

I don't think TB will be particularly bothered though as he's in Australia.
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] could head a massive protest.

I was originally going to suggest doing big jobs in the toilet and not flushing, but someone's tried that trick before.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
For any other game I would, I think there needs to be changed. But being selfish, got load of family going and my intention is to have a few beers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here